Rhode Island

What season will you be getting married in?

I am torn between the end of summer and the beginning of fall.  What season did you choose and why?

Re: What season will you be getting married in?

• edited December 2011
    Well I have always wanted Winter so I am doing December.  But of your choices, I think Fall is a nicer time of the year in New England.  Summer is beautiful, but it can be so hot and humid!
  • edited December 2011
    We choose to do Mid-September.  We love the colors of the foliage and even though we may not have a ton of it at that time it's still late enough in the year that we can get away with using them in our wedding.  Plus the weather in September is generally nicer than it is in August.  We're having everything in doors but we would hate to be sweating while we're trying to take pictures.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing Spring because it's usually a slow time of year for us (believe it or not).  We have gone and will be going to a lot of weddings in the fall this year, so we thought of doing a springtime wedding, plus it's usually a bit cooler, but if you get a nice warm day, it's like a miracle to be wearing summer clothes again after the long winter!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • luvred12luvred12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We re doing November because the colors are just beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing July right smack in the middle of summer. We love the beach and summer so that is one of the reasons why we picked July.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were doing fall because our ceremony is outdoors and the venue has an outdoor deck that we want our guests to be able to use without being uncomfortably hot. It was really the most ideal weather month for us.

Also, we got engaged in April and September was the best month for us financially, in terms of enough time to save without pushing it too far back, im impatient!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We picked August because we wanted a summer/beach wedding.  Plus, people will be in full wedding mode, versus smack dab in the middle of winter.  And I'll be tan! :)  Good luck in choosing your date.  Whatever date you pick will be amazing - no matter the season!
  • shaina925shaina925 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the replies!  I remember it being really nice this past Sept and Oct.  If we were to do August, it would be August 30th.  So at least that is toward the end of summer. But I am still thinking... it will be hot!
  • edited December 2011
    I picked September, because I think it's the nicest weather (coming down from hot Aug and not as chilly as Oct) and also the month of the year with the least rain since our ceremony & cocktail hour will be outdoors (with indoor option just in case!)  :) Ours will be the 9th. Happy pickings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I just wish I could predict the weather! Haha! 
  • edited December 2011
    We picked Late spring because i personally Love the spring time, and I have always wanted to have a June wedding anyway... I think an August wedding is fine, especially if its in the evening because it will have cooled down by then...however the majority of weddings I've been to have been in the fall and its pretty then too...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the end of May - perfect weather. Memorial Day weekend is never a wash out for some reason - maybe mother nature's way of introducing summer weather to us all. 
    edited December 2011
    I would have liked the spring, but I just don't know if I want to wait that long until next Spring.  This spring it would be impossible to have it since we are on our own for the cost of everything.  I would rather have it in 9/10 months than 17/19 months!
  • edited December 2011
    I totally understand what you mean! My FI and I are on our own as well, which is actually the reason why we're waiting until 2013, we will be engaged for a year this new years eve, and you have no idea how much i wish it were this coming June that we were getting married. :(

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_season-will-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:0cf607cc-8ec4-4a77-ae19-045306b28a6cPost:7dcbc429-5eb8-4046-b3e7-fbecf78f5809">Re: What season will you be getting married in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally understand what you mean! My FI and I are on our own as well, which is actually the reason why we're waiting until 2013, we will be engaged for a year this new years eve, and you have no idea how much i wish it were this coming June that we were getting married. :(
    Posted by AmandaLeigh1014[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too sad. By the time July2012 comes around my FI and I have have been engaged for 2 yrs and 2 weeks because we were paying for most of the wedding. Sometimes I think it helps out a lot because I am not as stressed as most brides trying to plan everything in 12 months. Goodluck, and it will be here before you know it, trust me! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    I am picking a date today!  I think August 30th is out because it is going to be SO crazy in Newport that weekend since it is Labor Day weekend.  But I still like the idea of August.  I called a few hotels and some are already half booked up for that weekend already!
  • edited December 2011
    Shaina925 - did you end up picking Aug 30th?
    edited December 2011
    I actually did not pick August 30th.  It might have been easy for some people to travel, but hotel rooms are a lot higher that weekend plus they are ALREADY booking up!  I also thought it might be too hot and humid, and we have a good friend who is having a baby in the early summer, the the older the baby is the easier they are to travel with.  (well, hopefully!) I am picking 10-11-12. 

Like I said, if my bday wasn't Sept. 25th, I would have chose Sept. 20th in a heartbeat! 
  • edited December 2011
    I love the 10-11-12 date - congrats!
    edited December 2011
    Just spoke with the event planner... she is double checking on the 11th date.  They have another event that morning (not a wedding) and she just wants to make sure there wouldn't be a conflict.  She asked if I had a back up date and I said September 13th... all though if we did that our first Anniversary would be on Friday the 13th! LOL  I can't win! 

She seemed to think that we would have better luck with the weather in September.  Although when we went to look at the venue it was Oct. 1st and absolutely a gorgeous day for a wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards