North Carolina-Outer Banks

Salons

Hello All, I am getting married next October and I was curious if anyone can recommend a salon/spa to do hair and make-up for me and my bridesmaids the day of the wedding. I am getting married in Manteo at Marshe's Light so anywhere in the Manteo/Nags Head area will be great! Thanks!

Re: Salons

• lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forget going to a salon -- call Heather Clark from Dimensions hair in Kitty Hawk. She travels to your house the day of and does amazing work. She also has a makeup artist who also travels with her to do work. We used Heather for my wedding hair and she was wonderful, prompt, affordable and everyone looked amazing!!
  • BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm bringing my own makeup girl from NJ because I wasn't happy with anyone I went to for trials down there.  I got several hair trials and ended up loving Ashley from Style D'Vita's in Kitty Hawk.  She is really good and I'm pretty picky with my hair.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Me and all my bridesmaids had our hair done at Diva's in Southern Shores (9/18). I was very happy with how they did my and all the girls' hair. Diva's is located right near the interchange where you get onto the island. It would be a little far from Manteo/Nags Head, but our wedding was up in Corolla and it was worth it to us to come down to get our hair done at Diva's. I got my nails and eyebrows done at Diva's earlier in the week and was very happy with those treatments as well. They have beautiful treatment rooms if you are looking for some pre-wedding pampering, too.
  • cavs2001cavs2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was the average price you girls paid for up-dos? I'm trying t look ahead with our budget and wondering how much I need to set aside for my hair and my girls hair.Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    It's Royalty Salon, Nails and Spa is where you need to go (209 Budleigh) (252-473-2209).  They can either go to you and they can reserve It's Royalty for you and your Bridal party.  They are located directly across from 108 Budleigh in Manteo!!!

Linda Taylor is the Master Hair Artist you can contact her at 252-473-2209.  They also do nails and makeup!!!
    Charlene
  • edited December 2011
    DON'T try to use Stacey Sheetz.  She didn't answer my e-mails for weeks! I told her we want her for my wedding when she said she was available, & I asked her if she needs a deposit.  She never answered me, then weeks later emailed me asking if I mailed the deposit b/c she has brides inquiring about the date.  And I told her no, b/c she never answered me, and I asked her again and told her we already told her we want her for the date....and she wrote me back telling me she won't do my hair for my wedding.  She obviously a dishonest person, and she left me with no one to do our hair and my wedding is in a few months!  Pass the word on anywhere you can so no one else gets screwed over!
  • edited December 2011
    My warning to ALL OBX BRIDES!
    01/28/10- It took 2 weeks for Stacey Sheetz to answer my questions I left on her website the beginning of January. She apologized for taking so long, told me she was AVAILABLE and gave me the prices. 
    -I replied to her e-mail the same day thanking her for the explanation, I told her that was great, and to put us down for that day, and I'll check with the bridesmaids to give her a total number. I also gave her the address and told her we would pay for her to travel to the location. I asked her to let me know if she needs a deposit, & to let me know that we can do the consultation the week of the wedding, and left her with my phone number.
    (She never responded to me, or called me!)
    02/12/10- 2 weeks later she e-mails me "Just following up with you on your wedding. If for sure that we are on for May 21st and if so have you mailed the deposit? That is a very busy weekend and I have brides inquiring about that date. Please get back to me soon as possible so I can know for sure."
    -I respond to her the same day again and said, "I wrote you that e-mail on January 28 and specifically asked, "Let me know if you will need a deposit, or anything as well." I never heard back from you, so no...we didn't send a deposit because you hadn't replied. I also inquired about if you were available during the 4 days before for the consultation, so I want to make sure that will be okay as well. Do you provide a contract you can send me? (1 bridesmaid won't need her hair done, but everyone else will.) Please let me know in a timely manner so that we both can secure the date! Have a great weekend. Thanks!"
    -Stacey Sheetz answered my email in a day this time telling me she will NOT do my wedding.
    So now, 6 weeks later, and a few months until the wedding, we don't have someone!

All of the wedding professionals I have dealt with are sweet as pie, but Stacey Sheetz obviously doesn't want the business of $415 worth of services (plus a nice tip) she had already told us she was available for!!! We already told her we want her, so as far as I'm concerned she went back on a written agreement! If she is that unreliable to answer e-mails, and she doesn't even respond when you ask her where and how much to send for the deposit- imagine what she will think is more important on your wedding day when you are expecting her!
    Pass the word on to other brides, so someone more worthy, reliable, and HONEST can have your business!
  • edited December 2011

What Salon does Stacey Sheetz work with for?  Need to know...
    Thanks
    Charlene

• aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it appears she works for "hair designers obx"... I had to look her up after that review!

http://hairdesignersobx.com/pages/about.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards