Snarky Brides

Ask a Knottie anything!!

1234568»

Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment

Favorite Holiday: Christmas. J likes to tease me about this one since I don't really consider myself Christian, I'm not a fan of organized religion. But the family traditions around Christmas really mean a lot to me. From decorating the tree and the house to wrapping presents to my parents annual party complete with Christmas Crackers and mine and J's private Christmas mornings. I love that time of year, it's magical.

When I was a kid I wanted to be: A lawyer.

Summer activity: BBQs with friends and family.

If money were no object: I'd hire the photographer I really wanted and go nuts on the centerpieces, linens and other decor. Oh and extend the reception one more hour because, why not? And give out bottles of my favorite wines as favors.

Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    fave summer activity - gardening for sure!! so relaxing and so fulfilling!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:474f00bc-a496-46e3-8b44-c7be2215331b">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you think Brandon would ever want to move to Canada Any?
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>He's specifically said he wants me to keep my citizenship there "just in case". He likes it up there, but his family is here and he hates snow. He wants to have the option though. </div>
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Boy or girl - I want both boys and girls. I think I'd be a better parent for boys, but FI would probably do better with girls.

Farthest from home - I spent a month teaching English in Thailand.

Disasters - Hurricanes (I think) in Texas when I was very little, and there was a forest fire that got REALLY close to home in the 90's. We were all set to evacuate and everything.

Summer activity - Water sports at the lake with DH's family.

Dream job - I always thought it would be fun to be in one of those song and dance groups that go from city to city and perform for schools.

Money no object - I would have had my florist do our centerpieces so I didn't have to, and added a videographer, and done more expensive parent albums.

Most influential - My maternal grandmother. The strongest, sweetest woman I've ever known.
  • NebbNebb member
    how could anyone not love canada! (response to any, not a real questuion!)
  • Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Question: Money is no object, what do you change about your wedding?
    I would have a dress made to what I was searching for instead of altering a settled for dress. I would also have picked a nicer BM dress and paid for them all, as well as the GM suits. I like the BM dresses I picked but I was limited with thier budgets. It was very important to me that they could afford them. I might keep the venue the same, but I would double the guest list and add back all the people I had to remove. I would also buy plane tickets and hotel rooms for everyone that can't be here due to financial strain. I would also hire a Videographer and have an extreme cake.

My favorite thing about summer is the heat. I love being able to lay in the sun and read or nap and not worry about having to be covered by a blanket. I get cold easily.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Next question for everyone, but directed at Nates:

Have you seen the series The Wire? 

I just finished season four, where they highlight Baltimore schools and that's why I asked you those questions, Nates. A former cop becomes a teacher in an inner city school and I imagine myself getting very upset as a teacher to today's students. That show is obviously dramatic, but it has some major truths to it. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it! 

Anybody else love the Wire? Who's your fave cop? Your fave criminal? Don't spoil anything for 5th season for me :P
    Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    adam looooooooves thw wire, i couldnt stand it
  • Also Nates: I think it sounds like you are a really good, patient teacher :) 

I don't know if I could do it. I would have to be a high school art teacher, not that that's easier, but I just would need older 'kids', for my sanity.

Photobucket
  • Nebb, I also didn't peg you as a SITC type girl, but I'm not really either and I love that show, especially the first season.

So nebb- who's your fave main character (or side character) from Sex in The City? Who are you like/ do you relate to? What character did you hate and why?
    Photobucket
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:c5822e97-e524-4b0e-be93-f8fb5e69e86f">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : Holy mother, ditto to all of that!!  Especially the underpaid and underappreciated part.  Long ago, I wanted to be a teacher and then changed my mind by college.  Then, in college, I changed my mind again and ended up with a teaching degree.  I taught one year.  One.  And I was done.  <strong>I have deep admiration for kick ass teachers.  Seriously, people have no idea all the shiit teachers go through. 
    </strong>Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Me too. I got my degree in teaching, but I only made it a few years. My last year of teaching I quit at Thanksgiving - it was *that* bad. Those kids went through at least three teachers that year. Kudos to teachers who stick it out and are still making a difference.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:6894b6b0-a253-4d35-850d-0f329f4531c9">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a Knottie anything!! : Me too. I got my degree in teaching, but I only made it a few years. My last year of teaching I quit at Thanksgiving - it was *that* bad. Those kids went through at least three teachers that year. Kudos to teachers who stick it out and are still making a difference.
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I went back to school for 5 semesters to graduate with a degree in Elementary Education and a teaching certificate. I taught for 3 years. The last year was the WORST. I had a kid who would lie about having gotten in trouble (saying he DID when he didn't do it) just so he could be suspended for a day because he thought it was cool. I quit when I moved out here. I wasn't sad when I didn't find a teaching position. What DOES make me sad is I have about $20K of student loans for a degree I'm never going to use.
    Two degrees. Only one useful now.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards