Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Errors!

Bridal brain strikes again. I ordered my invitations and THEN realized that I'd made two errors. 1. My parents are divorced yet still share the same surname, so I wrote their names on seperate lines. Dad's first. Mom's second. 
2. I completely forgot "Mr." and "Ms." before their names. 
How bad is this, honestly? Are people going to notice? I'm feeling the need to eat my money and start all over again. Maybe I can just blame it all on my bridesmaids not being around to proof read.... lol

Re: Invitation Errors!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-errors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:07c9a63e-9627-4e27-8876-cd00ab0c58a7Post:07a59755-e060-43af-9a71-b3604129174d">Invitation Errors!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridal brain strikes again. I ordered my invitations and THEN realized that I'd made two errors. 1. My parents are divorced yet still share the same surname, so I wrote their names on seperate lines. Dad's first. Mom's second.  2. I completely forgot "Mr." and "Ms." before their names.  How bad is this, honestly? Are people going to notice? I'm feeling the need to eat my money and start all over again. Maybe I can just blame it all on my bridesmaids not being around to proof read.... lol
    Posted by TheFutureMrsSiegler[/QUOTE]

Are the groom's parents also listed? If so, and they are the way you intended for your parents names to be, the difference will make them more noticeable.

I would ask your parents if they mind. Neither of those would be a big enough deal for me to have new invitations made.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you!

Fiance's parent's aren't listed, and I'd sent a photo to my mom of how it was all worded and done and she approved before I made the order. I just sent the picture to my father and he seems to think that guests will be confused by both of their names being on the invitation - that they won't realize they're not married. So that just raises an entirely different issue! 
  • Thank you for confirming that! That is exactly how I had it written out, minus the "Mr." and "Ms." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards