Not Engaged Yet

What a day...

The day started off so well. My FI called and said that after he watched the royal wedding, he absolutely couldn't wait to marry me. He said all he could think about during the wedding was saying his vows to me. I knew I fell in love with him for a reason.

Fast forward a couple of hours, and I get a phone call from my photographer. He double booked our wedding with another wedding. Even though we booked months ago, he JUST realized the mistake. He booked us second, so he offered us his associate. I don't want his associate. So, today I have been researching new photographers... So frustrating!
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: What a day...

• edited December 2011
    EEP! I am so sorry about your photographer! I'm sure you will find an even better photographer!

That is so sweet about your FI!!!!!!!! I "aw-ed" out loud. AOL, I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_day-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:56bb924f-ed31-4174-b015-1c5269069cc4Post:5894b6b1-b93b-4f35-8b3a-8dc5c110b181">What a day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The day started off so well. <strong>My FI called and said that after he watched the royal wedding, he absolutely couldn't wait to marry me. He said all he could think about during the wedding was saying his vows to me. I knew I fell in love with him for a reason.</strong> Fast forward a couple of hours, and I get a phone call from my photographer. He double booked our wedding with another wedding. Even though we booked months ago, he JUST realized the mistake. He booked us second, so he offered us his associate. I don't want his associate. So, today I have been researching new photographers... So frustrating!
    Posted by Ember01[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>AWWW! Just remember this, even if finding a photographer, again, is frustrating. 

</div>
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I had tears in my eyes when FI told me this.

And, I think I might have found a new photographer... I'm meeting with him on Monday!
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    Is it bad that I read your post and started immediately thinking of Common Law remedies for contract breaches based on impracticability?

Sorry, I'm crazy.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  Don't fret though, you'll find another photographer.  It's better you found out early, while it's still fixable.

*HUG*
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_day-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:56bb924f-ed31-4174-b015-1c5269069cc4Post:4d28d77b-52c6-42e3-9b24-3fa1d21da861">Re: What a day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it bad that I read your post and started immediately thinking of Common Law remedies for contract breaches based on impracticability? Sorry, I'm crazy.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  Don't fret though, you'll find another photographer.  It's better you found out early, while it's still fixable. *HUG*
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

That is funny. FI's first response was, he better refund our deposit and pay for our next photographer, or we'll sue him for breach of contract. I was like, whoa, or he'll give us back our money and we'll find another photographer. It's a December wedding, it's not like we are completely screwed. Yeah, I had my freakout, bridezilla moment after I got off the phone with the photographer. But, everything happens for a reason.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow that sucks!  I am really sorry!  I am glad it looks like everything is working out now.
    SO adorable about your FI.  AWWWW I have warm fuzzies now.  :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards