Washington-Seattle

Affordable off the rack dresses?

Hi there,
I'm going to visit Seattle, and was hoping to do some dress shopping.  Does anyone have any recommendations on where I could go to buy an affordable wedding dress off the rack?  Thanks!

Re: Affordable off the rack dresses?

• edited December 2011
    If you're open to pre-owned, Blue Sky Bridal in Seattle.  A friend who's getting married in July just found her wedding dress there (she's planning her wedding in 3 months, so limited time, needed off-rack) and is getting it altered to fit her.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Blue Sky Bridal. Definatley check them out.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • ms_thengms_theng member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out!

Do you think that David's Bridal is worth going to?  I always see the ads in magazines, but I've never been to one.
  • edited December 2011
    I think DB is worth checking out.  The thing I would keep in mind was unless you get a dress for their $99 special, the normal price of thier dresses I felt wern't worth it IMO.  The dresses of theirs that I tried on that I somewhat liked were $500-600 and my Mori Lee ended up costing $700 but has so much more structure and support (boning, etc) than what I saw on the DB dresses I tried on.   The other thing to keep in mind with the structure of a dress is the better the dress is, the less likely you'll need something like a corset or body slimmer to wear underneath.  DB pushes the sales of their wedding attire "accessories" like http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Embroidered-Lace-Torsolette-8900_Accessories-Lingerie-Shapewear which as you can see adds another $80 to the overall cost of your wedding day attire. 

Without knowing your budget, I recommend checking out DB, but expect a 50/50 chance of good service vs. crappy service and be aware their sales person MIGHT be very salesy/pushy.  Also, if you do buy from DB, I would take my dress elsewhere to be altered.  But after DB, check out Blue Sky Bridal, and if your budget for the dress is about $1000, check out Mori Lee, Maggie Sottero, and Casablanca dresses.  I would recommend going to I Do Bridal in Seattle (ask for Bridget!), Amanda Bridal in Redmond, Cynderellie's Closet in Edmonds (don't carry Mori Lee), or All That Shimmers in Lakewood/Tacoma.  I strongly recommend AVOIDING Princess Bride in Bothell and Lady Margaret's in Puyallup.

GL!
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow..thanks for all of that advice!  I will definitely be checking out Blue Sky bridal, and then maybe DB....

Have you heard anything about Belltown Bridal?  Apparently it's some sort of bridal outlet?  Do you think that would be worth my while?
  • edited December 2011
    If I recall correctly, Belltown is the one where the lady has all the sample dresses?  If that's the case, I would imagine it would be a good option to look into if you are the standard sample size (Size 6-8? which in street clothes size would be 4-6) or one size smaller.  I would call them and ask what most their dress sizes are.  Also, if it is the same one, I think I've heard she has a quirky personality. 

(Unsolicited) advice on trying on dresses: wear a nude strapless bra, white regular panties (NO thongs!), bring bottled water and trail mix, and only bring 1-2 people with you.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice!  You've been so helpful!!

Good luck on your big day, I see it's coming up here very soon!  I hope everything turns out as you imagined! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards