Wedding Etiquette Forum

Quick question on inviting vendors to the ceremony/reception...

I read on another thread somewhere that we are suppose to invite our officiant with a plus one to the reception... and send them an official invite and all that... Do you all agree? Is that what you are all doing?

Also, I used a freelance florist. She will be personally delivering my flowers to the hotel before the ceremony. Does she get an invite as well to the ceremony and reception? What do you all think and/or what are you personally doing?

Right now my make-up artist will likely be one of my bridesmaids... if that doesn't end up happening, and I use a freelance artist, do they also get an invite?

lol

sorry for three questions is one post... but if you have any thoughts i would sure appreciate them.

Re: Quick question on inviting vendors to the ceremony/reception...

• Yes, I believe you should invite your officiant to your reception with a plus one and send a formal invitation.

Florists, bakers, linen company, etc no.  I didn't even invite our ceremony musicians to the reception nor send them an invitation as it was in the contract the day, time, and location. 

However, be sure to get your DJ, photog and videog (if you have one) a plate of food during the reception. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I can answer the officiant one.

Yes we are inviting them to the reception. He is a fmaily minister and we have known him for a long time so it only makes sense.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Invite the officiant if they are someone you know (a pastor, priest etc), and give them a plus 1. You don't have to invite paid vendors to the reception...but make sure any vendors are the reception are fed.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• >>I read on another thread somewhere that we are suppose to invite our officiant with a plus one to the reception... and send them an official invite and all that... Do you all agree? Is that what you are all doing?

Yes.

>>Also, I used a freelance florist. She will be personally delivering my flowers to the hotel before the ceremony. Does she get an invite as well to the ceremony and reception? What do you all think and/or what are you personally doing?

No.  She's coming in jeans and a T-shirt, with a basket of tools, to deliver and set up floral displays at the hotel, and then she disappears before people arrive.  And even if she's not "setting up floral displays" and she's really just dropping off a box with bridal bouquet and BM nosegays and bouts&coursages, she still intends to drop off the box and leave.
    >>Right now my make-up artist will likely be one of my bridesmaids... if that doesn't end up happening, and I use a freelance artist, do they also get an invite?

No.  A freelance make-up woman will be coming in jeans and a T-shirt, with a basket of make-up, to do her job and then disappear before people arrive. 
  • As PP's said, you only need to invite the officiant if you have some sort of relationship with them outside of your wedding (church pastor, etc).  Mine was just a paid vendor that I found online, so we did not invite her to the reception. 

No other vendors need an official invite.  The only ones that should be included in your reception, are the ones that will be working during it (DJ, photographer, videographer), and even then, you just need to provide them a meal, since they obviously can't leave to go get something.  They are not guests though.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards