Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

band breaks

Hi, the band I am using says they will play for four hours with 2 1/2 hour breaks... that would mean, the band plays from 7 - 8 (break from 8 - 8:30) play from 8:30 - 9-:3- and break from 9:30 to 10:00 and then play from 10 to 11.  I think a break at 9:30 will kill the party...the name of the band is dancin machine... and I think w should dance for two hours straigh... thoughts, ideas? experience?

Re: band breaks

• That's pretty standard for a band.  Musicians can't play without breaks.  You should ask the band leader if they will provide recorded music during the breaks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• That is pretty standard in terms of bands. How many people are in the band? If it's more than a 5 piece band, it may be possible for them to stagger the breaks so that there's always a few people playing, and then there won't be any dead music time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:band breaks:[QUOTE]That is pretty standard in terms of bands. How many people are in the band? If it's more than a 5 piece band, it may be possible for them to stagger the breaks so that there's always a few people playing, and then there won't be any dead music time.nbsp; Posted by stefanielynn25[/QUOTE]
    No, because there are certain instruments that wouldn't ever get a break, like drums and keyboard. Better to have a plan in place to cover the band breaks with recorded music. Most bands are prepared to provide this but OP needs to ask to make sure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards