Wisconsin

Introduce Yourself

I wish this board was more active. Of course, I am on the 10/10 board and that seems to be the most active board on this site, especially given the 10/10/10 weding date!

Anyways, with that said, I think we should get to know everyone on the WI board. Maybe this could get our board a little more active then. I was wondering who everyone is, where approx are you from in WI, and when is your wedding date and name of your FI??

Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Planning Bio
image 331 Invited image 243 Attending image 90 Missing Out image 0 People MIA!!!

Re: Introduce Yourself

• edited December 2011
    Hello Kelly!  I'm Brittney and I am getting married on 10*10*10 to Jason. I currently live in the City of Waukesha. What area do you live in?
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm Becky and my FI's name is Gerald. We are from Madison and will be getting married in Cottage Grove on 5.28.11. 
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a post like this not that long ago...it was the "Will the Real Brides Please Stand Up" post I think.

That being said, I'm Sarah and I'm from Waukesha County.  I'm getting married on 12-11-2010 and my fiance's name is Jon.  I go through wedding planning phases - there are weeks I love it and there are weeks that I stay far away from anything wedding related.  I'm in an "on" phase right now so I've been spending a lot of time on the Knot!
  • ylleknnaylleknna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I missed the previous post. I periodically check this board.. Maybe with it seeming to be more active recently, we can get more people to post!

Brittney, you should join the 10/10 board!

I suppose I should answer my own post also!! ; )

My FI's name is Justin and we are getting married on 10.2.10 in the Manitowoc/lakeshore area.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    image 331 Invited image 243 Attending image 90 Missing Out image 0 People MIA!!!
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_introduce-yourself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:cb93939a-fe38-4723-a1ab-f607b082498cPost:b17925d7-f4bb-4e80-b647-7ed83c9dbbc0">Re: Introduce Yourself</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I missed the previous post. I periodically check this board.. Maybe with it seeming to be more active recently, we can get more people to post!
    Posted by ylleknna[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, I missed typing out part of my post.  I was trying to say that it seems like the WI board activity comes in spurts....I hope it gets more active,  Knotting helps me pass the time when FI is playing video games!!
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Raven and my FI is Robert and we are getting married 06/19/2011...We reside in Milwaukee...
  • edited December 2011
    Hello fellow brides! :)

I am Jackie and I am getting married August 14th, 2010 at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. My fiancé is Kyle Fortier, we are both from Iron Mountain Mi. I just got my dress this past weekend and I am so excited!! I hope everyone's planning is going great!! :)

Kelly and Justin your engagement picture is adorable and your cake looks amazing!!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm ARJ, FI is MAL, our wedding date is June 18th 2010 (less than four months to go - eek!), and we're from the Green Bay area. :)
    Anniversary
  • jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! My name is Jackie and my FI is Bill. We are getting married on Friday, July 30, 2010 (exactly 2 years from the day we got engaged). We live in New Berlin and are having our wedding at the Hyatt Regency downtown Milwaukee.
    edited December 2011
    jerobert! Thanks! OMG, is your FI related to Jenna Fortier?? I went to grad school w/ her and I am pretty sure she is from MI!

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • staceleigh11staceleigh11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! My name is Stacy and my FI name is Brian.  Brian is originally from Grafton and I am from Burlington.  We currently live in the Quad Cities (Iowa) but are getting married back in Wisconsin.  Our wedding date is 11-6-10 and our reception will be at the Country Springs in Waukesha. :)

I MISS MILWAUKEE!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    HI Kelly,

Yes Jenna is my sister in law to be!! :) She is wonderful!! I am very lucky to be marrying into that family!!  That is so neat that you know her! haha small world! :)
  • edited December 2011

My name is Lauren and my FI is Troy.  We are getting married 9/25/2010 and live in the New Berlin area!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Tina and my FI is Tom.  We are getting married 7/31/10 in downtown Milwaukee.
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy!! haha Yes, a very small world; what are the chances?! I thought it may be a shot in the dark.. I didn't know her all that well but we had tons of classes together and graduated both in '09 with MS in nutrition.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! 

My name is Missie & my fiance is Greg.  We're from Racine adn are getting married at Holy Communion with the reception at Roma Lodge.

We are getting married May 28, 2011. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Cindy and my FI is Patrick. We are getting married in Sheboygan, WI. We live in GB. I am a Sept 17th, 2010 bride.

Jero congrats on your dress!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone! I'm Alana and my fiancee is Matt. We are getting married on July 23, 2010 in Madison!
  • donjoe2448donjoe2448 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone, my name is Donelle and I am marrying my best friend since I was 16 years old. His name is Joe and we have been together for 9 years now, and we are finally getting around to planning the wedding!! We are planning on a date of 10-23-2011 for our wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Kate and my FI is Sean.  No official date set yet (definitely summer/fall 2011, though) - we're going about the process a little backwards...picking a reception site we like first and setting the date second!  We live in Waukesha, and hope to have the reception in downtown Milwaukee (hopefully somewhere on the lakefront)!
    edited December 2011
    Donelle! My FI and I are HS sweethearts and have been together since we were 15 and will have been dating for 10+ yrs on our wedding date!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Hello all! I'm Jen and my FI is Lee and we are from the Antigo area. Our date is 6/18/2011. We are getting married in a barn, not a active farming barn! The rest is up in the air.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies :) My name is Paige; engaged to Patrick and we're getting married 5/30/10 so not to much longer! Both from Sheboygan County. Proud army fiancee and planning to move together to his duty station one month after the wedding. Scary but excited. Happy to see all the WI girls on here :)
    edited December 2011
    Who is the moderator of this board? Maybe this post could be sticky so others that come along later can join in??
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • wwest21wwest21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies! My name is Lianne, and FI is Kevin. We just moved back to the Waukesha area, he is from Indianapolis. I finished up my Bachelor's degree in Indiana, and wanted to move back home. We are getting married on April 28, 2012! It seems like I am the farthest one out! I wanted some time to plan, as I am still in search of a career. But I have some things already accomplished for the wedding. I am sure time will fly by.
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry about the time; it'll come fast! I got engaged in 7.08 and have had plenty of time.. didn't get into though until I finished school.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Hi All -- My name is Christine and my FI is John. We are getting married July 10 2010. I can't believe it is 3+ months away. So much to do and all I seem to do is sit on these boards. lol I can't wait for the wedding - It will be downtown Milwaukee right on the lakefront.

I am most excited about the steel drummer we have coming for the cocktail hour.
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im Katie, my fiance is Jon. we are getting married April 30th 2011 in Green Bay, and currently live in Eagle River!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Debbie and my FI is Peter.  We are getting married in Madison (Madison Masonic Center) on January 8, 2011

Stacy--I'm also from Burlington, WI and will be moving to Iowa City, IA for FI graduate school in the fall, but we are also getting married in Wisconsin...kind of funny how things like that work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm Sarah and my fiance is Matthew. I'm from Waukesha, and we're getting married in New Berlin on January 7, 2012!  We've been engaged for almost 6 months, and are starting to plan for the big day :-)
    ~This is such a thrill, lost in love and dancing~ (blog)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards