Registry and Gift Forum

toasting flutes?

are these worth registering for?  they seem expensive and we don't typically have champagne at home so i'm wondering how much they'll really get used.  Also I"m worried about bringing something so nice to the place and having them get broken or lost in the shuffle and transport.

If you didn't register for new nice ones, what did you use?  just "regular" cheaper ones?

I'm just thinking if someone is going to "splurge" on a gift for us, there's more practical things we'd want so I'm iffy to register for them.  Especially if I did and then they break !

Re: toasting flutes?

• We aren't registering for them, but factoring them into our budget because we think it's something special to the day and we do drink champagne at home. If it's not something you think is worth spending money on, forego them and get a nice, inexpensive pair. It's not something that you will miss if you don't have them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we bought our own. we picked out mikasa's 'love story' (we bought the cake server/knife set)
  • We registered for 8 champagne flutes to use at home (We had mimosas at Easter and will likely use them for other holidays like Christmas and New Years). 
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=4031&CategoryID=54178&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DMarquis%20by%20Waterford%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D20

We did not use anything special at the wedding.  We just toasted with the venue's water/wine glasses. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was planning on using what the caterer is providing for all the guests, because of all the reason previous posters gave.  BUT we were given a gorgeous set of Waterford flutes as an engagement gift, so we'll be toasting with those. 

If you're really concerned about traveling with them, the ones we were given come in a VERY sturdy case that's lined with a foam type material and they sit very snuggly in there. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  •   We're using the flutes our venue provides. We won't use special flutes ever again, so it seems silly to buy something we'll use once. Especially since we don't have a lot of storage space.
  • I don't think I would register for them. We might order some special ones for us for the wedding day and then we can use them again on our anniversary or something, but we'll definitely just get some inexpensive ones and have them engraved from Things Remembered or even Oriental Trading.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • We registered for the Lenox True Love toasting flutes at BBB and we received them at our engagement party. We plan on using them at the reception at our sweetheart table! I think they will be nice to have in the future, possibly to celebrate anniversaries!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • We registered for crystal because I'll use it (I like throwing dinner parties) so we will just be using those for the wedding. The hostesses of our engagement party gave us a set of four of them already so we'll just use two from that set. I wouldn't register for them solely for using them for wedding toasting - only if you just want to have them anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_toasting-flutes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:685ca3b2-b966-4d06-836d-890546702d79Post:96003760-d871-49e0-b8e7-87806226a2d9">Re: toasting flutes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on using what the caterer is providing for all the guests, because of all the reason previous posters gave.  BUT we were given a gorgeous set of Waterford flutes as an engagement gift, so we'll be toasting with those.  If you're really concerned about traveling with them, the ones we were given come in a VERY sturdy case that's lined with a foam type material and they sit very snuggly in there. 
    Posted by chantelcutie7[/QUOTE]

This, exactly.

I also figured, even if they do get broken, I still would want to use them that one day, rather than save them at home. But if no one gave them to us, the venue glasses would have been a-ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards