Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friday night!!!

Re: Friday night!!!

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:ce4e90e2-9847-4f2c-812f-3205512303c1">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I seriously think I might be one of 5 people in my office right now.  It is an office of about 60-65.  This is crazy.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This was my office today. Out of around 110 people, 60 some were gone today and by 3 PM? Probably 6 of us remaining. It was really weird.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:9eef76ff-4dc6-47ae-8115-e52067695762">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night!!! : No. It led to me having a very bad day. That and the kids cried for like 4 hours straight. Hence my retail therapy. Basically not only do I still need a cosigner, I just found out this car I thought was awesome doesn't have AC. AC is pretty essential in NC. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]

Will your parents cosign for you? The no A/C thing would definitely be a deal breaker for me. I'm sorry to hear that, I know you had thought you'd found the deal of the century with that car. Hopefully you can find another one with a similar price tag that has A/C. I was surprised I didn't need a cosigner for my car... I thought I would. My credit is good, it was just the fact that I can't show income that I was worried about.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:9eef76ff-4dc6-47ae-8115-e52067695762">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night!!! : No. It led to me having a very bad day. That and the kids cried for like 4 hours straight. Hence my retail therapy. Basically not only do I still need a cosigner, I just found out this car I thought was awesome doesn't have AC. <strong>AC is pretty essential in NC.</strong>  ETA: I still might get the car, but now I need to think about it some more. 

<div>
    </div><div>It's absolutely essential.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd keep looking, Glo.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:9eef76ff-4dc6-47ae-8115-e52067695762">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night!!! : No. It led to me having a very bad day. That and the kids cried for like 4 hours straight. Hence my retail therapy. Basically not only do I still need a cosigner, I just found out this car I thought was awesome doesn't have AC. AC is pretty essential in NC.  ETA: I still might get the car, but now I need to think about it some more. 

Oh no. Is there a way to fix it that's not too expensive? My AC stopped working but it wasn't too major a problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night!!! : No. It led to me having a very bad day. That and the kids cried for like 4 hours straight. Hence my retail therapy. Basically not only do I still need a cosigner, I just found out this car I thought was awesome doesn't have AC. AC is pretty essential in NC.  ETA: I still might get the car, but now I need to think about it some more. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Is this from a dealership? I'd see if you can take getting the A/C fixed into the price and work something out. Sometimes A/C just needs a new belt, sometimes it's pretty expensive to fix. 

</div>
  • AB - bummer about the AC.  I'd be in the AC is required boat too.
  • Oh Glo, That stinks about the car, I would have to have AC.. 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Lizzie, my condolonces. That's awful.
    Dino, I'm sorry about the car. I hope you can find something soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't like cars that don't have AC.  I'm a wimp like that.  I hate being hot. The AC in FI's car is starting to go out and it is absolutely miserable if you aren't in the front seat.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Time to head to dinner, have a great night ladies!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know why they'd still make/offer a car without A/C.
  • OK, I totally take back all the things I said about Mother Nature being a tease...the winds just blew over my chicken wire garden frame....the thing is like all chicken wire and some PVC framing. The wind just blew it over like a piece of paper.

• Wind is no joke when it starts blowing Lizzie.
  • Hey all. I just got back from Ulta. I freakin love that place.

Glo, no AC is the worst. The ac in my car isnt working atm, and I'm so glad I don't have to drive it anywhere. 
  • It would be between 1K and 2K to install it. And in the course of a week I found out my budget needs to drop by 2K so I still think that despite this car not having AC, it might be the best I can get in relation to how long it will last. I'm considering getting the car and buying one of those neck coolers from Brookstone. 
  • Urk, Lizzie. Hopefully that will be the end of the damages.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No shiiiit, Loopy!  I just finished unplugging the computers, ipads, etc.  I have my candles all set out and everything. I even have one of those old fashioned phones that plug into the wall jack that aren't cordless.  Cordless phones dont work whenthe power goes out.

It's like gusting 70 MPH outside.  My scare crow just blew over.
  • Ugh, Glo it just sucks, but hopefully it all works out in the end and you get something you love.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:ee7e3124-3a35-4226-a98b-29b5247b24d5">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be between 1K and 2K to install it. And in the course of a week I found out my budget needs to drop by 2K so I still think that despite this car not having AC, it might be the best I can get in relation to how long it will last. I'm considering getting the car and buying one of those neck coolers from Brookstone. 

Boy, that's bad luck.  No AC is bad.
  • AB - could you buy the car now, and save up and do the AC later.  There's probably only a month - 6 weeks left of "summer" and then you'd have all winter to save some $$ and get it dealt with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:9914127c-9611-4a7d-9df7-93036b3a80af">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK, I'm sorry. I couldn't remember how it was usually shortened. I should have double-checked the spelling.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I just thought it was funny, My first name is butched on the regular. 

</div>
  • Car shopping totally sucks, Glo. I was only able to get my car because my grandpa cosigned on my loan. My parents couldnt. It's nearly impossible to get a car loan as a student.
  • I'll ditto Loops. You would probably only have to manage the no A/C for a nother month or so, then be able to save to have it installed in the spring. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:f6db9d21-8430-442b-af64-6e2346650f63">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night!!! : I just thought it was funny, My first name is butched on the regular. 
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm still reading FFF... and I didn't realize we were all so boring.  I find it ironic that Eags is in there biitching up a storm about it, and yet I feel like she is here in the night threads on the regular.</div>
  • I am honestly not sure how the morning thread is any less repetitive than a night thread.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:159fb0bc-98bd-4b0b-bdfa-5da66579abdc">Re:Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am honestly not sure how the morning thread is any less repetitive than a night thread.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>And this...</div><div>
    </div><div>MuSu - you'll find this funny (maybe).  I watched Janelle call Mike Boogie a douchebag last night and then forgot they still had HOH to do and put the Packers' game back on and it wasn't until I was driving home from work today that I realized I didn't know who won HOH and figured out that I never watched it.</div>
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d8bd6f-4a27-4e6b-86ed-d6eea4c86c35Post:4068d04d-2748-4dea-adcb-0d96d7b0dd72">Re: Friday night!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night!!! : I'm still reading FFF... and I didn't realize we were all so boring.  I find it ironic that Eags is in there biitching up a storm about it, and yet I feel like she is here in the night threads on the regular.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>I really don't see how any of the threads are different, morning, afternoon, or night. It's just all in when you can access TK.  I'll stick to the night thread.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>..Musu beat me to it.</div>
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Haha that is pretty funny, Loopy. I was not thrilled about hoh.
  • I never said boring. I just hate coming home and sitting down at 6pm to a 250 post night thread, and I'm on the east coast. If that's the case, most of the time I skip it. Other times I jump in, but like pheagles said, I think it's weird to be all, "Hey guys, so what are we talking about? And here's a bunch of stuff about me." But again, I'll reiterate that it's apparently my hangup. 
  • I will post whenever I'm at work and there is something that I feel like I can actually contribute.  Sometimes that is in the morning and sometimes that is right now.  But it is all pretty much the same.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards