California-Bay Area

OOT guests accomdations

Hi
We are going to have our wedding in September on the Penisula. Both sides of our family are coming from out of town. We were wondering if we can find some nice yet affordable vacation homes in SF or on the penisula for them to stay together comfortably. However, so far the vacation homes I see are not much cheaper than hotel rooms (3-bedroom furnished home charges $300+/nightly). Does anyone have experiences in finding good deals for OOT guest accomdations? thanks 

Re: OOT guests accomdations

• edited December 2011
    can't say that i have any personal experience in bay area places. have you tried looking at timeshares? i'd also look outside of SF to bring the price down. HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried looking at vrbo.com ? They might have some rentals in Half Moon Bay or Pacifica. There are also plenty of airports near the San Francisco Intl Airport (SFO) too. Maybe you could look into suites or a block of rooms at a discount for your guests.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used hotelplanner.com and got a bunch of bids on places on the Peninsula.  I got a deal for the Four Seasons at $169/night!!!  There was definitely a huge range of prices and hotel quality, so you can definitely block rooms that are at a considerate price point for your guests.  The cheapest rooms are either in the East Bay or by the airports.
  • katmstrangekatmstrange member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I use airbnb.com It's similar to VRBO, but the agency fees are cheaper. I know they have a ton of listings in SF, but they may have something in the Peninsula as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 132 Invited so far! image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 12 Will be missing out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards