Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!

Hey ladies, I have BPics a week from tomorrow and I'm looking for some sassy heels to wear. I don't wear heels much because DH isn't much taller than me. The heels that I do have are very much "work attire" and aren't sexy. My biggest issue is that my feet are kinda big (I wear a size 9) so I can't wear most of my friends' heels.

Anyone have any sexy/strappy/hot heels that are a size 9 (or close to a size 9)? I'm mainly looking at the ladies that are fairly close to me because I don't have much time to get them and it'll be tough to sneak around since the Pics are a surprise for DH....

TIA :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!

• Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I know this is going to make me sound like a totally awful person, but oh well....
    Since the shoes are just for bpics, why not buy a pair of super sexy heels, wear them for the shoot, and just return them after? They won't get dirty/scuffed/etc in the time it takes to do the shoot. This way you can get something really fun and totally out of character and not worry about it.

I know, I know, I'm a horrible person.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bean - this is actually a really good idea. And one I never thought of. And also don't know if I have the balls to pull off... =X
  • edited December 2011
    I sent you a FB message!
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could help you, but i wear like a 6.5 or a 7.  I have a COLLECTION of sassy heels.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madam- I'd help but my smallest shoe is a size 10.5 - I might have a 10 somewhere, but I'm not sure they'd be what you're looking for.

I'd say go with Bean's devious plan (insert evil chuckle) - it's definitely a good one - or see what Charlotte Russe has - they have pretty sexy shoes for relatively cheap
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A - I'm a 9.5 I'm going to look for shoes this weekend while DH works. You can always borrow some of mine.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo I like that my plan got a evil chuckle!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help girls!!

Drink - I am an idiot and didn't even think about sharing stuff with you!! Your session is right before mine on the schedule too! Let me know if you find anything good...

Bean - I am still considering your devious plan.

TCT - I hadn't thought about getting something for cheap. I will probably only ever wear them again for bedroom purposes because I seriously never wear heels with DH... but if they aren't much $$ I'd be okay with it.

Thanks again :)
    edited December 2011

I'm actually with Bean on this.  However, check out the return policy before you purchase.  I know a lot of stores like Forever 21 will only give you store credit for returns.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Amer - Good point. Poo on store credit...

Also, I failed to mention my distate for your small feet (read:jealousy), because I was CERTAIN you would have quite a collection. Damn.
    edited December 2011
    >>Also, I failed to mention my distate for your small feet (read:jealousy), because I was CERTAIN you would have quite a collection. Damn. <<

haha, sorry.  THe only thing on my body that is not freakishly elf-like is my chesticles.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

Amer, that made me laugh.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:1f3d2ea2-d48f-48c4-a558-5a4bd3ed7a01">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE] />>Also, I failed to mention my distate for your small feet (read:jealousy), because I was CERTAIN you would have quite a collection. Damn. << haha, sorry.  THe only thing on my body that is not freakishly elf-like is my chesticles.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

Kinda jealous of those too... ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I wear a size 9.  I have some hot red pumps if you want to borrow them.  I'll PM you my email address. If you are going the buy and return route you can always use zappos.com.  They ship really quick and have free shipping for returns.  Then you don't have to face anyone in the store. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hit up Kohls. Their return policy is great. And they have Candie's heels. They're always pretty sexy.

I have a size 10 pair of red satin and black heels... I can always get them out to you somehow.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    QTsgirl - Zappos is a good idea too! Quick enough shipping for next Wed AM BPics, though?
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:5a02f7dc-c5be-45a7-af70-508d1fc76536">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]QTsgirl - Zappos is a good idea too! Quick enough shipping for next Wed AM BPics, though?
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Definitely! I ordered my wedding shoes from there and they got to me in just a few days.
    edited December 2011
    Zappos shipping is the bomb.  You'll get them by this weekend, I'm sure.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I found my bpics shoes at Marshalls/TJMaxx... They will return anything! I bought shoes just for that event, though I had all intentions of keeping them BUT you would never of known I wore them after my pics....

Also not sure who you are using my Kamila Harris had shoes there! My one gf cant wear heels, medical issues, but wanted to wear them to look sexy... SO Kamila had her put them on and stand in them... not walk *thats where the medical issue affects her* and even though they werent the right size (too big) you never knew!!

I wear an 8.5 or I would try to help! Good Luck... And I will bet you money your DH will NOT care about your shoes ;)
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:ee8e2ab0-158a-4d32-8ff0-6f1631fc653f">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hit up Kohls. Their return policy is great. And they have Candie's heels. They're always pretty sexy. I have a size 10 pair of red satin and black heels... I can always get them out to you somehow.
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

I may be snagging those for my bpics in August - I love Candies!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:5835ac39-6adc-43a8-8b7e-aa899ac22856">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found my bpics shoes at Marshalls/TJMaxx... They will return anything! I bought shoes just for that event, though I had all intentions of keeping them BUT you would never of known I wore them after my pics.... Also not sure who you are using my Kamila Harris had shoes there! My one gf cant wear heels, medical issues, but wanted to wear them to look sexy... SO Kamila had her put them on and stand in them... not walk *thats where the medical issue affects her* and even though they werent the right size (too big) you never knew!! I wear an 8.5 or I would try to help! Good Luck... <strong>And I will bet you money your DH will NOT care about your shoes ;)
    </strong>Posted by happywithhim715[/QUOTE]

My pics are with Sarah Schulte and I don't think she has shoes available for the shoot... Although, it is a great idea!!  And you are probably right about him not caring about the shoes. Truthfully, the shoes will be more for me anyway!
  • edited December 2011
    Madam,
    I am a 9.5, let me see if I can find the shoes I bought for mine.. I may still have them, or I may have donated them since I knew I'd never wear them again.

Honestly since you wont be wearing them "out" you could always buy a pair and return them the next day, you wont be scuffing them up.
  • edited December 2011
    And I totally skimmed through and didnt read that Bean is just as evil as me and already suggested that........
    I feel like such a scammer today, between agreeing that Amer should steal her neighbors cable, and now this.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:f2a21d98-e592-4bcd-bacc-b4740e441dbd">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Madam, I am a 9.5, let me see if I can find the shoes I bought for mine.. I may still have them, or I may have donated them since I knew I'd never wear them again. <strong>Honestly since you wont be wearing them "out" you could always buy a pair and return them the next day, you wont be scuffing them up.
    </strong>Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

This is very true. I am thinking about swinging by Kohl's/Marshall's/TJ Maxx tonight while DH is at grad class... Let me know if you find your shoes, it would be a good excuse for a Cosi lunch :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you - I do not own any sexy heels. My BPics are in June and I think when it gets closer I will beg someone with my size to let me borrow their shoes. Size 5 anyone? I also love Bean's idea!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cosi mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.    Now that I am done with the low carb diet that clearly was a failure and back to just counting calories and eating overall healthy, I can eat my favorite light signature salad again!    
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:4229a9e9-6e57-4aa2-8cfa-87b332e78c43">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cosi mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.    Now that I am done with the low carb diet that clearly was a failure and back to just counting calories and eating overall healthy, I can eat my favorite light signature salad again!    
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

::Like::
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd let you use mine if my feet weren't a 7.5 :-(. Good luck you'll look great no matter what shoes you wear though!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoes-m-getting-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd8c1d0f-5792-4d67-ae03-797613bd089cPost:22880194-123e-4a77-997e-84e8a9a2159c">Re: Shoes?? I 'm getting desperate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd let you use mine if my feet weren't a 7.5 :-(. <strong>Good luck you'll look great no matter what shoes you wear though!
    </strong>Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

You're my fave :)
  • edited December 2011
    Kohls has the best return policy so I'd start there lol.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards