Outdoor Weddings

August Wedding.

I have heard that August is a month that pretty much is a month for weddings where any color goes.  I recently had to change my date from July to August and I was just curious is it going to still be okay to have my colors be lime green, black, and white?  I am not totally your traditional bride, so imagine a little of zebra print mixed in.  Would this be okay for an outdoor wedding on the lake?

Re: August Wedding.

• We can't decide on the date for our wedding. We're torn between late August and early December. We live in Missouri, do you think an outdoor wedding in August would be torture for everyone or should we just go for an indoor ceremony instead? Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Mrs. Parker
  • Is August a good month for outdoor weddings in Michigan? I am terrified that the weather will not comply, I do not have a backup plan if the weather fails. We're doing our wedding in my parents' backyard (moneysaver!), so there is no backup at all.
  • Ours is August 25 - in our backyard. Our backup is to move some furniture around and move into the house if it rains. It's a small wedding, so we can do it but it will be awfully tight.

Our colors are ivory, orange and sage. FI's favorite color is orange and I wanted something to go with orange that didn't seem too fall-like since I want it to have a more summery feel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards