• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2010 Weddings

Inviting Co-Workers to the wedding

I work in a smaller office mainly dominated by women with "various" personalities.  I have two women co-workers that I get along quite well with and two co-workers that pretty much talk about me behind my back and are extremely rude on a daily basis.
I guess my question is should I invite these "rude" co-workers to my wedding to avoid anyother work drama or say forget it because I don't like either of them anyway?  I don't want to create any more tension within an office dominated by tension, but I don't want to invite someone that I don't really want there.  Any suggestions would be very helpful!
Off Ortho Evra Birth Control Patch-Feb. 2011 Began TTC March 2011 8/30/11- U/S results normal,structural appearance normal, possibly partial sub-septate uterus???? Sept 2011 CD 20 Check- Progesterone normal/indicates ovulation at a 12 9/14/11 CD 3 blood work- Estrogen Normal-35 FSH levels-5.9 9/30/2011- S/A- Results GOOD October 2011 10/7/2011- Surprise BFP!!!!!!!! 10/12/2011- MC Confirmed CP at roughly 4wks 2 days EDD:6/18/2012 Our 2 yr. Anniversary 10/13/2011- Follow up consult with OB and lay out a treatment plan 10/20/11 MRI with/without contrast uterus labeled as Arcuate uterine abnormality, small cyst detected on left ovary. End October 2011- Fired Original OB/switched and interviewed several practices with new OB and Love her! 12/02/11- HSG uterus looks perfect with no abnormalities detected and tubes clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Inviting Co-Workers to the wedding

• I wouldn't invite them. Don't let people pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, especially on your big day (It's all about you and your FI). There are many people from my job that want to come just to bad mouth me and the whole event later. Something I realized, some people want to come to a wedding just to have something to talk about. If you wouldn't invite them to dinner, why invite them to the biggest day of your life?
    Birthday
  • I am only inviting a few people I work with.  I know people will be upset they are not invited but I do not care. 
  • I would say not to invite the rude ones, but at the same time... I did what Britt did and invited them all, just because my wedding is OOT and I know only the ones I want to be there will be there.
    That said, we recently had a few more people start working on my team, and I have just decided to not invite them, because I can't add more to my list. I figure no one will mind anyways.
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • If you invite the rude ones, you may need to talk to someone.  LOL.  That doesn't make sense to me.  Why would you entertain the idea of people that crap on you being at your wedding?

As for the ones that you DO invite, do not talk about the wedding in front of the others, no matter how rude they are to you.  Leave the wedding talk away from work.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • In Response to Inviting Co-Workers to the wedding:
    [QUOTE]I guess my question is should I invite these "rude" co-workers to my wedding to avoid anyother work drama or say forget it because I don't like either of them anyway?Posted by whiteybear[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you a question. If you're allergic to something, would you go anywhere near it? Hopefully you'll say no. Treat these rude co-workers like your allergies. You know they're bad for you, so just stay away from them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Thanks so much for all of you input ladies.  I only invited three women that I work closely with and do see occasionally outside of work (one being my boss).  I slipped the wedding invites in with other work I had to distribute throughout the office and put invites on peoples chairs out of site.  I never mentioned to the other two I even had the invites done and didn't bring up one word about the wedding.

I feel so much better now

Off Ortho Evra Birth Control Patch-Feb. 2011 Began TTC March 2011 8/30/11- U/S results normal,structural appearance normal, possibly partial sub-septate uterus???? Sept 2011 CD 20 Check- Progesterone normal/indicates ovulation at a 12 9/14/11 CD 3 blood work- Estrogen Normal-35 FSH levels-5.9 9/30/2011- S/A- Results GOOD October 2011 10/7/2011- Surprise BFP!!!!!!!! 10/12/2011- MC Confirmed CP at roughly 4wks 2 days EDD:6/18/2012 Our 2 yr. Anniversary 10/13/2011- Follow up consult with OB and lay out a treatment plan 10/20/11 MRI with/without contrast uterus labeled as Arcuate uterine abnormality, small cyst detected on left ovary. End October 2011- Fired Original OB/switched and interviewed several practices with new OB and Love her! 12/02/11- HSG uterus looks perfect with no abnormalities detected and tubes clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I work with a pretty small amount of people. Most of them women. I invited the ones I feel close to who I would actually want around outside work. :) The others oops! Too bad. 

I just don't talk about wedding things with those who aren't invited unless they directly ask and I can't get out of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    97 my bffsimage 30 dead to meimage 1 in limboimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards