California-Los Angeles

jewelry district

Has anyone had her wedding band custom made in the jewelry district?  I am thinking of doing this but don't know which vendor to go with - they all say they can do it, but I don't want to trust just anyone with this!  TIA!

Re: jewelry district

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of girls on here have gone to Icing On The Ring.  It's in the downtown jewelry district.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We had a great experience with Bridalrings.com

THey have a store downtown, but a huge website to check out first if you're interested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Sue and Ferris Design have been our jewlers forever...they are great and can do anything!

550 South Hill Street Los Angeles, CA 90013-2406 - (213) 614-9500
  • julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IOTR made both our bands and did a phenomanal job for a great price.  Vic designed both.
  • edited December 2011
    My family and I are huge jewelry snobs. We like unique and custom-made pieces. We always get all jewelry from downtown jewelry district. Since we've been shopping there for literally decades here are some suggestions:

> go down there and see for yourself.
    You will see a lot of places that you will rule out right away as not your style. You will also find a lot of good places you like.

> talk to the shop owners.
    Most of them are very personally invested in the stuff they sell. They love it. They will always offer to alter a piece, find a vintage or unique design or make something new for you.

> form a connection with someone you like.
    I have never had a bad experience with a jeweler from downtown. The competition is so steep it's not in their best interest to screw you over. They want you to come back for birthday and anniversary gifts!

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Go to Sue & Sam Jewelry Co.  My family has been buying jewelry from them for over 15 years and they are extremely trustworthy and can custom make just about anything.

637 South Hill Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90014-4032
    (213) 623-9804
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards