New York-Long Island

Looking for an indoor site for wedding ceremony only, non religious

Ok so I found a great (cheap) location for my reception, but it does not have a room I can have my ceremony in. I am looking for something relatively cheap since I was just planning on going to town hall in like, my sweatpants that morning (haha) but I'm trying to appease both my own mother and my mother-in-law-to-be by looking for a ceremony location. Any [cheap] location help would be appreciated! Looking for something for Saturday, March 10, 2012, any where from 2-5pm. My reception will be in Middle Island (suffolk county) but as long as I have enough travel time I don't have a preference for a location. Quick ceremony and I do not have an officiant in mind yet either. No churches, chapels, synogogues please, I am not religious and don't want that in the ceremony at all. I called three places and they tried to sell me on the reception in a pushy way so I was turned off by them. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! 

ps... anyone else feel like "cheap long island wedding" 
is an oxymoron?!?!?! Money mouth

Re: Looking for an indoor site for wedding ceremony only, non religious

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    cant you have it in the same room?
    or why not go to town hall that morning?
    hahahah you're right cheap and LI wedding dont go together. but remember-if YOURE footing the bill your mom and MIL really can't complain about where.how.when.
    i have no idea aside of a park or a beach but since it's in march those might be chilly. have you contacted local museums, historical houses etc...?

• PastorAprilPastorApril member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with you there. Searching for a non-expensive location for a Justice-of-the-peace style ceremony in Nassau County. If you find anything please share! Will do the same
  • edited December 2011
    I cannot have it in the same room- the room rental is for 4 hours only so if I had the ceremony there, the reception would only be 3 hours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards