Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invite Mock Up - Thoughts?

The first pic is of the inspiration one we are trying to copy, the 2nd pic is the one my Mom did along with the response card (she's going to make the space inbetween the attending bigger for people to write their # in). It looks like it would be a simple invite to do, but for her not having either Photoshop or Illisutrater, I think she did a pretty good job!:) I may have her make a couple changes like making the & sign a little smaller, and maybe changing the first letters of our names to be capital letters, as I'm not sure how I feel about the J in Jared.

Anywho, what do you think? Any other changes? Obviously they will still have to be cut, put together with the colored paper on the back which will be grey. (also she took pictures of them with her camera so the response card will be white, not grey like it looks).

Re: Invite Mock Up - Thoughts?

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those look really fun! She did a great job!
  • edited December 2011
    Those are so cute!
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mali3mali3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • brink131brink131 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are super cute! Your mom did a great job! It looks almost identical to your inspiration pic! What program did she use if not Photoshop or Illustrator? I agree that the & sign could probably be a little smaller. Also, I kind of like how the date is a little more spread out in the inspiration photo, but maybe that's just me.
  • edited December 2011
    Your mom did an awesome job!! They look great!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Very modern! I love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invite-mock-up-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:aa168586-b62a-4c88-b7f6-7d584649ebabPost:33fe2321-79e5-4030-9db2-693f4df8763c">Re: Invite Mock Up - Thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are super cute! Your mom did a great job! It looks almost identical to your inspiration pic! What program did she use if not Photoshop or Illustrator? I agree that the & sign could probably be a little smaller. Also, I kind of like how the date is a little more spread out in the inspiration photo, but maybe that's just me.
    Posted by brink131[/QUOTE]

<p>I think she has some kind of American Greeting program or something, I'll have to ask. She's always been very crafty, she used to even sell wedding favors on Ebay just for fun, a few years ago, and I think she used the same program she used for that. Probably would have been easier if she did in one of those other programs but doesn't have em.</p><p>
    Good call on the date being spread out, now that I notice it I totally agree! I'll have to have her fix that......it's funny cause in the last couple days I had her amend a few things, so her email to me last night labeled the pictures, FINAL INVITE, hmm wonder if she was trying to tell me something:)</p>
    Thanks ladies!

**Edit - She says she uses a few different programs, one that came with her camera, one that I don't remember the name of, and then some old create card one, so yeah round about way to do them but works for me!:)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah after looking at it now more, I'm thinking maybe we should take out the words In-Suite, just change it to Reception to follow at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay.  Everyone knows what kind of reception we are having, or at least they should.  That way it lines up all the lines better and that last line isn't so long.  I also asked if maybe we could make everything smaller so there's more white space around it like the original.

Ahh yeah she's going to love getting this new email with my additional requests:)

Seeing as these are basically being done for virtually nothing except cost of envelopes and then postage, I probably shouldn't be so picky but I can't stop myself apparently from being just that!
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love it, looks great!  = )
  • mmeilers13mmeilers13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very nice! I really like them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I adore these!  Especially the RSVP card; how fun and modern!

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think she did a really good job!

If you want to match your inspiration pic a bit more you could Justify the words like they do on newspapers so that the right and left side of the text lines go straight up and down like they do in your inspiration pic.

Also instead of capitalizing just your first letters in your names if you dont like the lowercase, you could capitalize all of your first name to make it more uniform.

I would also maybe try to center you last names more under the first names.

All that is really nit picky though since she did a really good job to begin with!
    GL!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, I'm kind of excited for them and glad people seem to like em, cause you just never know!

@Drd - I was hoping you'd respond;)  Good input as always, I am going to pass the thoughts on to her, may give her a couple days break though:)  We have a ton of time to finalize them anyways.  Gracias!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards