Wedding Etiquette Forum

About PPDs

So I'm getting married in May (totally stoked) on the beach - my FI's dream. He's pretty much let me run away with all the other details, but he was adament on the beach location, which is fine. In exchange, I joked about doing a vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary at Disney World. 

But... is that "too big" to be a vow renewal? If I wear a simple(r) dress and if it's just our immediate family (and I hope, our kids) is that okay? I mean... I want to be in front of Cinderella Castle which is pretty damn princessy...

Obviously this is all hypothetical because I can't plan for a vacation in ten years. But still, I waaaaaaaaant it lol

I'm having a lousy day at work and want to talk about stuff with grown-ups :P

Re: About PPDs

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Why are you worrying about this 10 years in advance?

ETA: Just noticed the disclaimer. Sorry, I got annoyed and jumped the gun in my response. I think it's fine. Being in front of the castle doesn't make it a PPD.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't say I'm worried. I'm just bored right now. I was reading through another thread about someone who was having a "vow renewal" but it kept sounding more and more like a PPD. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:9e93b2fb-316b-4d4a-860f-b98e5a563848">About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm getting married in May (totally stoked) on the beach - my FI's dream. He's pretty much let me run away with all the other details, but he was adament on the beach location, which is fine. In exchange, I joked about doing a vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary at Disney World.  But... is that "too big" to be a vow renewal? If I wear a simple(r) dress and if it's just our immediate family (and I hope, our kids) is that okay? I mean... I want to be in front of Cinderella Castle which is pretty damn princessy... Obviously this is all hypothetical because I can't plan for a vacation in ten years. But still, I waaaaaaaaant it lol I'm having a lousy day at work and want to talk about stuff with grown-ups :P
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]
    While it is fun to day dream, I think you are getting way ahead of yourself. And for the record, yes I think that would be too much for a vow renewal
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it sounds fun. I'd worry about you real wedding first however ;) happy real and theoretical planning!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:d0be5677-dd81-442d-b55c-eff5c1a9152e">Re: About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are you worrying about this 10 years in advance? ETA: Just noticed the disclaimer. Sorry, I got annoyed and jumped the gun in my response. I think it's fine. Being in front of the castle doesn't make it a PPD.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<div>haha no worries, I read too fast on these things all the time and I'm like "Holy eff omg... oh wait... never mind."</div>
  • What if you just did a trash the dress/rock the frock session at Disney world? Those pictures turn out awesome and you can have your fantasy in front of the castle right away.
  • FYI- You can't wear your wedding dress inside the parks unless you are actually getting married at Disney via one of their packages.
  • Have you looked into the Disney packages? I looked into their wedding pkgs b'c my family's all Disney crazy! Alot of their stuff is prohibitively expensive, especially when you get into princessy stuff. They also have a lot of restrictions. For example if you want to get married in front of the castle, it can only be in the morning before the park opens. I can only assume that the same goes for renewals. They do have small elopement type packages that can be done for 18 or less people that may be able to work for what you want. Anything over 18 people has a $20 000 minimum expenditure. It's a little nuts! But I totally see why you would want it! :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:5767142c-364e-4f5b-acf3-f2186282a5e8">Re: About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]FYI- You can't wear your wedding dress inside the parks unless you are actually getting married at Disney via one of their packages.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

Did you try?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:cb2029ea-4a42-4364-a2b2-a9d58b8cd127">Re: About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: About PPDs : Did you try?
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No, but Disney has VERY strict policies about it.

</div>
  • Yeah, Disney doesn't allow adults to wear costumes, either.

OP, I think it's so much fun to daydream, but I definitely would try to focus on making your wedding the best day ever. In ten years, you guys might have a whole other dream in mind.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:0df8fd65-6d71-4547-8670-3c9f47f5a211">Re:About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:About PPDs: part of me now wants to go to Disney wearing my wedding gown just to see what would happen.....
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]
    It says on the site "Guests wearing wedding attire are discouraged from entering the Theme Parks."
    Maybe you can tell them it's just a white dress and they are misinterpreting your outfit?

Also, it says discouraged, not "Not allowed." You could challenge the wording, if you have the energy lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:43485815-8076-4bb4-a86e-d3be3997959a">Re:About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]SF. I was saying it jokingly. If I were to go anywhere now with my wedding dress, it would be to the Vatican to receive a Papal blessing. But, the Pope quit before I had the chance! All jokes aside, I could wear a white sundress to Disney and brag that I got away with it.... but I was just kidding.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]
    Oh I didn't think you were being serious, but I'm not gunna lie, I would love to see what would happen if someone went there with a big white wedding dress and tried to play it off like it wasn't a wedding dress. I want to see if they get in.
  • Yeah, I wouldn't mess with Disney. They are INCREDIBLY thorough with not letting people in costumes or other attire in their parks.

How thorough?  They told this dude to stop coming in dressed as Santa... but he wasn't in like, a full suit.

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/itineraries/humbug-disney-world-tells-santa-look-alike-tone-it-down-913013
  • This thread was honestly just a time killer, guys. Like I said, I can't plan for a vacation ten years from now, but it's something I'd love to do if we had the money. But yeah, I'm making my WEDDING the best damn event I can. After all, you only get ONE wedding - no do-overs ;)
  • Disney has a lot of rules and minimum expenditures.  I know they do not allow non-Disney photographers to photograph couples in the parks either. (I saw this on a pro photogs blog.)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:7a9705e1-a7d8-49f1-a344-ca1f2909e8bc">Re:About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'll be having our 10 year anniversary at a ComiCon and "renewing our vows" there, so I say do it wherever you want.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

That is awesome and I may have to steal this idea.
  • If it's just going to be for yous two, your babes and your 'rents, go for it. You can work it into a family vaca and I'm sure the new grandparents can take the kids while you, ahem, renew your honeymoon? ;)

Like PP"s said, it's wayyy to early to plan a 10 year renewal, but a girl can dream and kill time, right? When I was in college and I didn't want to do homework, I'd calculate the approx cost of a wedding at Disney world and plan my pretend wedding (the whole reason I joined TK in the first place. I was 20 and did NOT want to do my "History of Communications" hw, or whatever it was at the time).

Just as long as you're planted in REALITY, it's ok to have little over-the-top fantasies.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_about-ppds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0cf554c6-e1c1-44d6-b567-9d6ded2c761fPost:6a431814-aaca-4e3a-9a84-de99eb5c034f">Re: About PPDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's just going to be for yous two, your babes and your 'rents, go for it. You can work it into a family vaca and I'm sure the new grandparents can take the kids while you, ahem, renew your honeymoon? ;) Like PP"s said, it's wayyy to early to plan a 10 year renewal, but a girl can dream and kill time, right? When I was in college and I didn't want to do homework, I'd calculate the approx cost of a wedding at Disney world and plan my pretend wedding (the whole reason I joined TK in the first place. I was 20 and did NOT want to do my "History of Communications" hw, or whatever it was at the time). Just as long as you're planted in REALITY, it's ok to have little over-the-top fantasies.
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>lol my feet are planted firmly in reality but my head's in the cloud sometimes! Yesterday was SUCH a god awful day. Some Disney daydreaming made it more bearable.</div>
  • Ive heard of people going on vacations (Vegas or Hawaii) for their vow renewals. Why not?? Im not gonig to lie, I thought about this too. haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a Newbie. what does PPD mean?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards