Favors

Candy filled glasses

These are 6oz authentic vintage-style coca cola glasses. Only 50cents each. I was thinking of filling them with a bag of candy tied with a gift tag. I'd make enough for each guest to take one home. Guests who are family members would have a set. What do you think?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Candy filled glasses

• pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would eat the candy and pitch the glass.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candy-filled-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:e9facdb4-b906-4fdf-b0cb-7d3d30450cdbPost:e2e535ff-2cba-4a1e-9adf-bbdce532d87a">Re: Candy filled glasses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I would eat the candy and pitch the glass.
    Posted by pandasquishy[/QUOTE]

I didn't think the glass was that bad but thanks for your honusty.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the Coke glass goes with your theme, I think it's fine. It would carry your theme farther out.

However, if you wanted to get them something useful, maybe buy an inexpensive votive candle, put that in there, and then bag the candy & put it around it. If the Coke glasses don't have a connection to your theme, get a different, similar sized glass inexpensive container & do the candy insert.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's  a cute Idea. I would re use the glass cup!

may i ask where you found then????
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candy-filled-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:e9facdb4-b906-4fdf-b0cb-7d3d30450cdbPost:c1f8c715-9815-4e03-a0d8-cd1b1e2d9a1c">Re: Candy filled glasses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's  a cute Idea. I would re use the glass cup! may i ask where you found then????
    Posted by wifeandmommy0609[/QUOTE]

Dollar-Tree
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a rather large glass to fill with candy, will end up costing you a lot. It reminds me of something you get at the dime toss at the fair
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    like someone else said, it would be cute if it went with your theme, but if not i dont like the idea.  You can get something smaller, and cuter to put candy in probably, but I do love the candy idea!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candy-filled-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:e9facdb4-b906-4fdf-b0cb-7d3d30450cdbPost:5b1da94c-66d7-47da-9654-a0def0a6050c">Re: Candy filled glasses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Candy filled glasses : Dollar-Tree
    Posted by Mattsbride10[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Now I remember seeing them there! We collect them.. that is why i asked!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6oz is small
  • natnat10natnat10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a really cute idea. Love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards