Nevada-Las Vegas

vases for centerpieces at reception???

Hi all! this share be my first discussion opened on the board :)

unconfirmed dates for the wedding are mar 26 or may 20 of 2014! more than a year from now :p and here I am thinking about this at 1:39am... 
we're planning on just hosting a casual buffet dinner at the wicked spoon. I was emailing with the group sales manager and she said I will have to bring in my own vases for my centerpieces/floral arrangements (which I should be getting already for the ceremony.. will transport them from ceremony site to cosmo)
how will this work?! i need suggestions please!! thank youuuuu
Our wedding day also marks our 11th anniversary of being together :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: vases for centerpieces at reception???

• EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Are you asking about how to put together the centerpieces or how to get them to Wicked Spoon? I heard you have to take them over the day of, so perhaps the groom or groomsman can take it over? I also booked Wicked Spoon. Yay, another WS bride!
  • I plan on shipping my centerpieces directly to the restaurant we are using, that way no one has to worry about trucking them over there once we arrive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm pretty sure I'll get the groomsmen and the parents to help transport the flowers over from the cermeony! It's just that I was speaking with the group sales manager and she said it's fine that I bring in my own flowers, but they do NOT have vases so I would have to bring them too!

ok so dollar stores are the way to go..! I hope they'll always have them in stock!! 

why am I worrying about this when it's more than a year to go.. and I won't even be booking yet until after our scouting trip in may!! :\ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vases-for-centerpieces-at-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1b163879-ec38-4998-b561-e52fee68c58aPost:c230e3e5-9ce7-4806-8764-a6e1ad4c8971">Re: vases for centerpieces at reception???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure I'll get the groomsmen and the parents to help transport the flowers over from the cermeony! It's just that I was speaking with the group sales manager and she said it's fine that I bring in my own flowers, but they do NOT have vases so I would have to bring them too! ok so dollar stores are the way to go..! I hope they'll always have them in stock!!  why am I worrying about this when it's more than a year to go.. and I won't even be booking yet until after our scouting trip in may!! :\ 
    Posted by vvn1217[/QUOTE]

youll change your mind a million times lol. our reception is at WS, we were going to to do the vases but its too much to transport and ship, plus you have to drop them off the day of the wedding. If you want to set them up yourself, you have to pay an additional $150 for a half hour of set up time. We are going to just do pocketfolded napkins with thank you cards and drink menus tucked in them and some pretty table numbers that is DIY'd. The staff said they would place them on the table however we would like.

Because it has to de dropped off the day of, and we are leaving for our honeymoon right away, I want to have the least complicated decorations as possible.
  • I am getting married May 3, 2014 and I am looking at selling my vases off for $5 each aftewards since we are travelling in from canada, they are these ones:

http://www.vipfloraldesigns.com/catalog/item/6522245/6508815.htm

I think they are 16" high. 

You should look at Libbey.com and if you follow them on facebook they have random sales for like 30% off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vases-for-centerpieces-at-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1b163879-ec38-4998-b561-e52fee68c58aPost:a6efc538-97cc-47a5-8d97-521663c977c6">Re: vases for centerpieces at reception???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: vases for centerpieces at reception??? : youll change your mind a million times lol. our reception is at WS, we were going to to do the vases but its too much to transport and ship, plus you have to drop them off the day of the wedding. If you want to set them up yourself, you have to pay an additional $150 for a half hour of set up time. We are going to just do pocketfolded napkins with thank you cards and drink menus tucked in them and some pretty table numbers that is DIY'd. The staff said they would place them on the table however we would like. Because it has to de dropped off the day of, and we are leaving for our honeymoon right away, I want to have the least complicated decorations as possible.
    Posted by gnc0988[/QUOTE]

<div>you're so right! i'm having second thoughts already! the last thing I want on my actual wedding day is to have a list of "THINGS TO DO" on my mind.. </div><div>do you mind telling me how you're doing the drink menus?? I would like to have some sort of control over what my guests will be ordering as well..! :p</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vases-for-centerpieces-at-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1b163879-ec38-4998-b561-e52fee68c58aPost:cceedfcc-2389-4dec-827f-e0e24b5e9a2e">Re: vases for centerpieces at reception???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married May 3, 2014 and I am looking at selling my vases off for $5 each aftewards since we are travelling in from canada, they are these ones:   <a href="http://www.vipfloraldesigns.com/catalog/item/6522245/6508815.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.vipfloraldesigns.com/catalog/item/6522245/6508815.htm</a> I think they are 16" high.  You should look at Libbey.com and if you follow them on facebook they have random sales for like 30% off.
    Posted by KikiMira[/QUOTE]

<div>thanks! I'll keep that in mind! </div><div>we're always travelling in from canada! GTA area! you?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards