Honeymoon Discussions

Things to do in the western states?

At first we were thinking of going on a Carnival cruise line but now thinking of just staying in a state and being able to have our own special vacation and not worry about being on a schedule. I have been hearing good and bad things about cruises so we aren't sure anymore. We are wanting some options to choose from now. So... any ideas which state to drive to?? Maybe a Denver honeymoon if any of you know fun things/ places to go to there. California?

Re: Things to do in the western states?

• Maybe really nice resorts in California?
  • "Western states" covers a big range. What do you want to do? Do you want beach? Forest? Mountains? Lake? I can think of a hundred different ideas in California alone, but some specifics would help me make my recommendations more useful to you
  • What time of year are you planning for?  What are you looking to do?
    Anniversary
  • Any ideas would be helpful.. We really are wanting to go to Southern California
  • A beautiful beach... amusement parks.. and sometime in June
  • We did a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco.  We stopped to hike at a bunch of places in between.  It was awesome.  Oregon has beautiful beaches, though it might be chilly in June.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_things-to-do-in-the-western-states?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:6391421a-99bd-48b4-8da4-d0516591d41fPost:8a912014-1e46-4cef-b1c1-d15e41b34595">Re: Things to do in the western states?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A beautiful beach... amusement parks.. and sometime in June
    Posted by corbett04[/QUOTE]

Amusement parks: June is getting into high season, so beware of that. But if lines don't bother you, there are plenty of choices in SoCal. Disneyland, Universal Studios, Magic Mountian...

You can't go wrong with beaches in SoCal. Every one I've been to is nice.

Personally, I love San Diego. The zoo is great, and La Jolla has some amazing beaches, shopping, good restaurants. Downtown San Diego has a lot of culture, the historic old town. I think it's a really fun place to visit. I like it more than the LA area, though that has a lot to do with my allergies ;)
  • Look at the topic a few below regarding Los Angeles honeymoon. I posted on that.

LA, San Diego, the Grand Canyon, Vegas are other options. We took a driving HM down the coast of California in September last year. We rented a convertible. It was fun and fabulous. The middle of CA might be nice in June, not sure, but the Carmel and Monterey areas are great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards