Ohio-Toledo

Bridesmaid Hair Pricing

If you were a bridesmaid in a wedding, what do you think is a reasonable price to pay to have your hair professionally done?  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bridesmaid Hair Pricing

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is my poll working? I can't see it.  If not, just post your answers. :) 
  • edited December 2011

I voted 41-50, but I think even up to 60 is reasonable.  I guess though this depends on your wedding and your girls.  If you have girls who aren't used to getting primped or paying a lot to get their hair done, even $40 may be a lot for them.   If you are trying to choose a place to have the bridal party get their hair done I would choose a place at the lower end (like $30-40) so everyone can definitely afford it.  If you want to go somewhere that costs more, you could get your BMs a giftcard to that place to defray the cost.  I was in a wedding and the bride got us gift cards to get our hair and makeup done.  She didn't pick anywhere expensive to go, but it was still appreciated because being a BM can get really expensive!

Sorry for rambling a bit!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was curious about this.. I heard that if you are "requiring" your BMs to have their hair done then you (the bride) needs to pay for it. Is this what everyone has heard/experienced?

I figured I'll tell my BMs that they can do their hair how they want but I'll have a stylist available if they are interested in having their hair done. If that's the case I would assume they pay for it then (obviously it would be a stylist within a reasonable price range and nothing too $$$$). Does that sound right?

I also like the idea of giving a giftcard to help with the cost...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been in six weddings, had my hair done for every one of them, and paid at least $50 for each updo (except for one wedding, where the bride paid). Not all of these were in Toledo, granted, but I think for an updo in most salons you should expect to pay about $40-50, depending on how long your hair is and what you want done. I definitely feel that like that is a high cost, and I kinda choked a little each time, but to me that's part of the fun being in a wedding-- spending time with the bride and other girls while you are getting hair/nails/etc. done. However, I will say that each bride gave us the option of getting our hair done, and told us the price ahead of time. If I really didn't want to spend the money I wouldn't have.

I was planning on having my cousins (who are hair stylists) come to my hotel suite the morning of my wedding to do everyone's hair, and I would pay so the girls don't have to. That way we can have snacks and some adult beverages as well :)

HTH!
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_bridesmaid-hair-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:9d401215-f149-4188-96cd-06940b673451Post:e844c514-9e36-4f7a-b6d7-fcb3d686b68c">Re: Bridesmaid Hair Pricing</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was curious about this..<strong>I heard that if you are "requiring" your BMs to have their hair done then you (the bride) needs to pay for it.</strong>Is this what everyone has heard/experienced? I figured I'll tell my BMs that they can do their hair how they want but I'll have a stylist available if they are interested in having their hair done. If that's the case I would assume they pay for it then (obviously it would be a stylist within a reasonable price range and nothing too $$$$). Does that sound right? I also like the idea of giving a giftcard to help with the cost...
    Posted by AllysOop[/QUOTE]

This.  Totally this.  I wanted my ladies to have updos, I paid for it.  If it is optional and you just want to let your ladies know in case they want it done, I would expect $50 plus tip.  We went to JC Penney and I think I paid very close to $50 per person.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with all PP, if you are requiring it you need to pay.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Okie doke, thanks!

I have been a bridesmaid 8 times, and I have paid all different amounts for hair...from $25 up to $65.  But, I have never been a bridesmaid in this area, so I was curious.  The salon that we are looking at quoted us $45 a person, with the bride being free.  Looks like I am in the correct price range then. 

Thanks all for the input.  And I won't be requiring everyone to get their hair done, but I know most will want to! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards