Canada-Ontario

Reception Ideas

I am struggling to find a reception venue within my price range. I will have approx. 100-150 people there and want to find something for late September 2010. All the sit down luncheons and even buffets are out of my price range, yet I am not sure if a cocktail reception is enough. Some of the are coming from overseas. I need to find hotel rooms for everyone too that are not expensive. Any help would be good. Thanks.    

Re: Reception Ideas

• edited December 2011
    Where are you looking? I know that if you contact some places, if you are having the wedding on a Sunday, they usually have a discounted rate. Sometimes its better to look outside of the area you are set on.

Think about a Friday night, or Sunday mid-morning to afternoon. I'm having the same problem you are about prices.

Good Luck!
    <*>My Blog<*> Updated Sept. 20 My BFP Chart
    Started TTC July 2010 ~ Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism April 2011 ~ BFP 5.10.11 EDD 1.16.12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of times the place you book your reception at if it is a hotel will give you a discounted rate on hotels. Also try www.hotwire.com (I explain this website in another post). Try looking outside of the GTA to cut down on cost. Unfortunately, a common way of cutting down cost is being more selective with those who you invite to your wedding. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    If your wedding is in late September the weather should be perfect, try looking for an outdoor venue.  Have you considered a luncheon?  There are some beautiful garden venue's depending on where you are looking:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards