Washington-Seattle

Open Letter Tuesday

Vent it out here!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Open Letter Tuesday

• LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear The Knot,
      Knock it off!  Stop your misbehavin and stuffs.  Also, if you could possibly kick some of the cliques you've got hangin around this board in the badooka, that'd be great.  Sometimes a girl just wants to participate on a board that's not her local or wedding month board - is that too much to ask *sniffle*.

Also.

Dear Brain,
      Today is not the day for you to act like a douche and take the day off.  I'll forgive the leaving the purse at home.  But dude, we've got a final to take tonight.  I'm guessing it's going to be a moderate to easy one, given the effort of our lameass "educator" but really: no more shenanigans today - got it?  Once the final is over perhaps I'll reward you with something. 

<3
    Liz
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_open-letter-tuesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:b52ca1a7-6836-41c4-b408-d0970d3d1d46Post:ef175005-86a0-4e08-ac8d-2250f0781136">Re: Open Letter Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear The Knot,  <strong> Knock it off!  Stop your misbehavin and stuffs.  </strong>Also, if you could possibly kick some of the cliques you've got hangin around this board in the badooka, that'd be great.  
    Posted by LGM22[/QUOTE]

<div>Cosigned. UGH! it's been AWFUL on the military bride board. </div><div>Also, "cliques you've got hangin around this board" ? I'm assuming by the second piece that you don't mean THIS board but another board, or the knot community as a whole? </div><div>Which board is buggin ya? I know what you mean. The MB board is like that. Depending on who's posting in the morning I may or may not participate. boo</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear Winter Break, </div><div>YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>That is all :] </div>
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No no, Not this board @ all - I'm not passive-aggressive enough to say that - that would just be a bitch thing to do!  I do worry at times that my posts are too long or that I've scared people away when I seem to kill a thread lol.
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha Yeah I feel ya.. 
    Well this board isn't busy enough to worry about writing too much or killing a thread. They kill themselves :o

Other than dumb knottie stuff, how's your Tuesday going?

Mgoss, no Dear letter? 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm studying for my final.  The only plus is I no longer will have to deal with this insult of a teacher.  Getting out of bed this morning was a struggle because my 80lb German shep mix decided it was snuggle time.  It was certainly a good way to start the day (he's a great cuddler) but, ya know, he didn't quite understand that I needed to go to work because that's where I earn the money to buy his kibble.

You said winter break - are you in school too?
  • edited December 2011
    awww  puppppyyyyyyy looove!!! <3<3<3 So sweet though :] :] 

Yup! 
    I go to WWU and am in my "super senior" year of getting my degree... Stupid degrees taking 5 years now. >_< I'm getting a BS in Mathematics. 
    You?
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ew MATH!  Math and I do NOT get along.  I took Business Math this summer and FI and I barely made it!  He likes Math, he gets it - I don't.

I'm going to BC part time (though, next quarter i'm taking 15 credits!) for my AA in Business Management.

What do you hope to do with your degree?

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_open-letter-tuesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:b52ca1a7-6836-41c4-b408-d0970d3d1d46Post:fbfa2268-22c0-4d69-925a-e5f13c05b581">Re: Open Letter Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Mgoss, no Dear letter? 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was on TN.....

Dear Dentist,

Please don't try to talk to me while you fill in the cavity in my wisdom tooth this afternoon.  It's really hard not to vomit and gag when all of your equipment is in my mouth while you're working, please don't make it harder.

Girl who needs to make sure she makes every single 6 month check up so she doesn't get another cavity

Dear TK gods,

Fix the boards, this negative time thing on the national boards is annoying.

Thx.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Anything. We have Microsoft, Boeing, and all different banks snooping around our halls. Basically a math degree says that we can do anything an engineer can do, but for less because we don't have the "engineer" title to give us a big head (like my hubby ;) haha) People get hired from math/science fields because it shows that we think logically and have fine-tuned critical thinking skills, which means we're good at fixing problems. I won't be able to get a job until we move though... which is a shame because this state is the BEST state for a math degree :/ bummer. 

What do you want to do with your Biz Admin? 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually getting the AA for my own purposes - my goal is to open my own event planning business.  I'm currently in Event Management but it's trade shows.  Trade Shows are fun and all, buttttttt I find other event planning more challenging and enjoyable.  Tradeshows can become cookie cutter after awhile.

Where are you moving to?

RE:MGoss - good luck today!!!  Hope you get the good drugs :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, nice! My aunt LOVES event planning, and I love helping her. :) Such a fun field to get into!

We don't know, actually. My husband ( <--- Yay! We just beat Kim Kardashian :P haha) is in the Navy, so we will go where they tell us to go pretty much.. We have about a year left here :/ It's sad because I love Washington, but I also love living in new places. 

Mgoss, I figured :P I have a dentist appointment on Thursday :/ I already know it's a cavity.. I'm just hoping that it's not a root canal...  
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MGoss - how'd it go yesterday?  My dentist keeps reminding me I have some of my deductible left and to come in, I don't know if I care that much to.

Sad about moving, but I get the thrill of being in new places.  I moved here 4 years ago from MD.  I don't think I'll ever want to leave though lol.
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_open-letter-tuesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:b52ca1a7-6836-41c4-b408-d0970d3d1d46Post:07f70447-c333-44c7-a82f-dcab1a7c5f99">Re: Open Letter Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]MGoss - how'd it go yesterday? 
    Posted by LGM22[/QUOTE]

It was okay, my dentist kept the talking to yes or no questions.  The instruments she used to get all the way back to my wisdom tooth made me feel like I had a medieval torturing device in my mouth, but I did pretty good at zoning out.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :(  My dentist is pretty cool.  He's the Dentist for the Sounders apparently (not why I chose him) but you get to watch TV when you're in there and they have massaging chairs and give you neck rests and blankets.  I was really impressed when I went in.  And, well, he does a pretty good job at being a dentist too lol. 

I'm glad your Dentist didn't try and have afternoon tea over your procedure, but I'm sorry you had to have a contraption jammed in your mouth :( 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards