Michigan-Detroit

Officiant donation amount?

My officiant said we do not need to directly pay him but rather make a donation to his church.  How much should we donate?  My FI and I really have no clue and our officiant just said what we can afford but we do not want to give too low of a donation. 

Re: Officiant donation amount?

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think ours is $150-200 according to the church where we are getting married.  Do you know anyone who has been married there before that could give you an idea?
  • edited December 2011

I'd agree with 150-200 like PP, but you could always call the church secretary and just ask how much people generally give as a donation for a wedding at that church.

• MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Should have probably mentioned this too: Our ceremony will not be at a church.  We will be getting married outside and then walking inside to our reception.  My FI and I are friends with our officiant (I went to college with him and my FI plays some PS3 (?) game with him online.
  • edited December 2011
    Our church requires that we give a min. donation to the church. It also has a set fee for the rehearsal and the ceremony organist. A donation to the priest is at our desecration. We will be giving at least $100 to the priest and deacon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even if you arne't getting married in the church, it sounds like he works for one.  I would call up his local parish and ask what the normal donation is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards