Missouri-St Louis

Too Soon to Visit Bridal Shows?

Hi everyone! I just got engaged on December 28 and am wondering how soon is too soon to go to bridal fairs? Right now we are thinking January 4, 2014, for a wedding date (two years from today!). I don't plan on seriously buying anything until late summer as I won't even have the money until then. Any suggestions for me? I'm in what I like to call the idea stage. Oh, and I'm a bride on a budget, so I assumed the earlier the better!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too Soon to Visit Bridal Shows?

• I don't think it's too soon.  The sooner you start planning, the longer you have to iron out the kinks.
  • Might as well! You get free food and pictures :)

Tips:
    -Go to Vista Print and get their free address labels. Put your name, address, phone number, and wedding date on it. It will save you SO much time when signing up for drawings and such. Slap one on there and you're done. I was really glad I had them.

-Set up a junk mail folder and only put your phone number if you really want to win something, or want information. I can not tell you how much junk mail I got (and still get...4 months after my wedding) from venodrs. I got a lot of phone calls too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_soon-visit-bridal-shows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:f59a2fae-8eab-42f8-bdd7-135f0714dc83Post:ef40e910-49a2-4952-a82e-2b3d4c6f1773">Re: Too Soon to Visit Bridal Shows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Set up a junk mail folder and only put your phone number if you really want to win something, or want information. I can not tell you how much junk mail I got (and still get...4 months after my wedding) from venodrs. I got a lot of phone calls too.
    Posted by kac12170[/QUOTE]

THIS!  I got married last September and I'm still getting mail (both e- and snail) from vendors.  It's ridiculous.

Other than that, I say go!  I went to one before my wedding and I thought it was pretty neat.  It was pretty funny how all the vendors go ga-ga over the bride while the groom stands off to the side all ignored.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Definitely go! I just got engaged and am planning for about 20 months from now. A good idea is to set up a gmail email account and then you can also get a google voice account. The google voice is then a telephone number you can give out without ever really having to pick up the phone. You'll just get all the voicemails then can decide who you want to call back. 
    PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards