Snarky Brides

Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?

Tell me about it?  We have the Droid X and have had it since the day they came out.  Im starting to really hate mine.  We can upgrade and H wants the IPhone, but I think I want to stick with the Droid.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?

• cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I had an Android for about a year and a half, then switched the iPhone when Verizon got it. I HATED it. hate hate hate

ETA: I should have added that I switched back to an Android after about 2 months with the iPhone

I think, once you have an Android you get used to the customizing and stuff you can do, and an iPhone just isn't the same. There are things that can be better about iPhones (music, display?), but you can do way more with an Android.  For me, all of my personal and work emails/calendar/etc are Google, so an Android is 1000x better for that stuff, too.
  • Stef- maybe I just need to get a better Droid?  Im sure they have better ones out now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yeah. What don't you like about yours? How old is it?

I have the HTC Incredible 2. It's almost a year old and I still love it. I might not even upgrade when I can this summer. (Which is weird. I usually upgrade RIGHTAWAY.)
  • OH! And if you use your phone as a GPS at all, game over with the iPhone.  They'll lie and tell you it has turn-by-turn, but you have to manually click through. It's not even anywhere near as good as the Android ones done through Google Maps.  There's no estimate time, traffic, and it doesn't show you where you are on the map or update directions as you go. basically, it sucks, and you might as well print directions off the computer from mapquest.
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I did.  I went from an LG Ally to an iPhone4s.  I freaking LOVE my iPhone.  The only thing I don't like about it is the way the GPS displays (which isn't a big deal since we have a Garmin anyway), and gmail.  I will agree with Steph that androids are better with Google stuff.  But overall? My iPhone is SO much better than my crappy android was. 
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm thinking about going from an iphone to a droid. I don't think my iphone is all that great.
    Edit: Spelling
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Stef- its just really slowing down.  My email wont go to the phone anymore, the camera will take the picture but not send it to the gallery, its freezing.

I do the system upgrades and all that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you done a whole master reset on your phone? I do that once a month or so. It's a pain in the ass, because it deletes all of your apps, but it's totally worth it. 
  • No, i dont want to lose all my stuff.  I shouldnt have to master reset my phone to make it work correctly and when they told me to do that I got really pissed.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Plus, I have a lot of paid apps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eh. If you use your phone a ton, then it makes sense to reset it once in awhile.  It's worth the battery life.

When I've done it and redownloaded stuff, the paid ones were there. I didn' thave to pay again to download them, if that makese sense. (I think it must have been linked through my google account?)
  • I totally get not wanting to do the master reset and don't blame you, but when my shitty Incredible stopped working and I bought a new Thunderbolt (which I don't recommend either), I didn't have to re-pay for my apps since I logged in under the same Gmail account.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• I think I suck at using my Droid.

Does anyone have issues with droid battery life? I keep thinking about buying the extended battery, but then my phone gets even bigger, and it already is big!

• cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-you-go-from-a-droid-to-the-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e08c3d35-df45-41e6-a260-01e25515c226Post:4f59002f-7dcd-49c6-bf37-e93abd3fa92f">Re: Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I suck at using my Droid.  Does anyone have issues with droid battery life? I keep thinking about buying the extended battery, but then my phone gets even bigger, and it already is big!
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Mine lasts at least a day, and I'm on it constantly. Not much for talking, though, ironically ;) But I'm always on the internet, etc.</div><div>
    </div><div>The only time it drains in less than a day is if I'm on Pandora or using the GPS.

</div><div>Do you have the ATK thing? (Task Killer)? I have mine set to auto-kill all apps every hour and it made a huge difference.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-you-go-from-a-droid-to-the-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e08c3d35-df45-41e6-a260-01e25515c226Post:9a5d6183-e663-46ac-a6e2-768cda5a6922">Re: Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone? : Mine lasts at least a day, and I'm on it constantly. Not much for talking, though, ironically ;) But I'm always on the internet, etc. The only time it drains in less than a day is if I'm on Pandora or using the GPS. Do you have the ATK thing? (Task Killer)? I have mine set to auto-kill all apps every hour and it made a huge difference.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I just downloaded it- thanks. I am just sucky when it comes to knowing good apps or how best to use the droid :P</div>
  • Verizon told me I "HAD" to have it. I'm glad I listened.  :) Once you get it set up, you can go into the settings and choose stuff. You can also exclude specific apps. (So I have mine set to not 'kill' Pandora when it's running.)  It's basically the Droid equivelent of the "CTRL+ALT+DEL" on a computer. :)  otherwise, every app you open will run in the background until you turn off the phone. Which kills the battery.
  • Stef- I just took the battery out for 10 min and it seemed to work.  Vagina high five.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-you-go-from-a-droid-to-the-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e08c3d35-df45-41e6-a260-01e25515c226Post:f8901a3c-83a2-4727-bf0f-f886f3cf195b">Re: Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stef- I just took the battery out for 10 min and it seemed to work.  Vagina high five.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>woohoo!</div>
  • Had a droid, went to Iphone, hated it and went back to the droid.  I have a HTC Evo and I love it.  I have an Ipod touch that I use for my music. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a Samsung galaxy s 2 and I love it. So easy to use and once I fixed the battery issues I just charge it every night though I could probably get away with every other night. Fwiw I haven't had an iPhone
  • I had the iPhone 3GS and HATED it. Super slow, even just loading the apps. I think I liked it for maybe the first week after I got it, but once I downloaded a bunch of apps and such, it sucked. And especially after I upgarded to the iTunes 4.0 on my 3GS, it basically turned into a very expensive paperweight.

When I switched to my Samsung Galaxy SII, I couldn't believe how fast it is. Even now, after I've downloaded a bunch of apps and taken a bunch of photos, etc, it's still quick as a whip.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to Re:Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?:[QUOTE]I had the iPhone 3GS and HATED it. Super slow, even just loading the apps. I think I liked it for maybe the first week after I got it, but once I downloaded a bunch of apps and such, it sucked. And especially after I upgarded to the iTunes 4.0 on my 3GS, it basically turned into a very expensive paperweight.When I switched to my Samsung Galaxy SII, I couldn't believe how fast it is. Even now, after I've downloaded a bunch of apps and taken a bunch of photos, etc, it's still quick as a whip. Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE] I love mine so much!
  • I had a droid and HATED it. I had so many issues I just couldn't handle it anymore. I now have an iPhone and I love it. I downloaded a free app which is actually better than the droid one because it tells me "broken down car on left" and all that stuff. I really love it and I know FI used to give me a hard time about it and now he's getting one. I will never get a droid again and I don't, personally, know anyone that has like their droid and they almost all have iPhones now. Just my experience.
  • I just went from an android to an iphone on Monday.  It was time for an upgrade, and the iphone had the best reviews on the available Verizon phones so that's what I went with.  I liked my android, so the jury is still out on the iphone.  So far the only thing that bugs me is sometimes it takes a bit for the screen to switch back from horizontal to vertical.  The touch screen is much more responsive than my android though.  That's all I've got so far...I've only used my phone about 8 times in the two days I've had it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had the Droid X up until this last weekend.  I went in pretty much as soon as my contract expired because I hated the phone so much ( the navigation has not worked since I got it and recently it started having other issues).  I really did go in there with every intention of switching to an iphone but after looking the iphone over and some of the other droids they had, I ended up going with the new motorola razr.  I'm so glad that I changed my mind; the navigation is awesome, it does everything that the iphone does, and the screen is awesome.  I've been watching netflix on the new phone and I love it, I really think switching to a smaller screen would have driven me nuts eventually.  The razr would be my recommendation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have an iPhone 4. Had a droid phone for about 3 weeks and wanted to shoot myself I was so frustrated with it. Got the iPhone 4 and have had it for almost 2 years with zero problems, excellent battery life and it works perfectly to sync with my MacBook. I'm also biased because I hate Microsoft/windows, so there's that. ;
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-you-go-from-a-droid-to-the-iphone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e08c3d35-df45-41e6-a260-01e25515c226Post:838c9224-c5ea-4a32-b208-01bd8a4c6d0c">Re: Did you go from a Droid to the IPhone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stef- its just really slowing down.<strong>  My email wont go to the phone anymore</strong>, the camera will take the picture but not send it to the gallery, its freezing. I do the system upgrades and all that.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I am having the same issue with my Droid X.  Can't wait to get my IPhone (DH has one) in August...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Blue, I went from a Droid X to a Droid Razr Maxx. The screen is a little  bigger, it is thinner, the keyboard is better, the battery life is a million times better, and it is faster. It gets 4G service, which you won't get with the iphone 4s, which is still 3g. I like that it syncs up with my gmail, my contacts and google reader, I have been very happy so far.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Stupid TK ate my post, so here we go again....

I had the Droid X and now have the Droid Razr Maxx and I am very happy. The screen is a little bigger, it is thinner, the keyboard is better and it is faster. It runs 4g, while the iphone only runs 3g. I like that it syncs with my gmail, contacts and Google Reader. So far, I have had no problems. The Google store also has more free apps that the itunes store.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I traded up my Droid II Global for an iPhone 4S, 64mg. It is a dream, I LOVE the iPhone. I am a Windows person generally and prior to iPhone had never seriously used an Apple product. Seriously love this phone. Why? It just plain works. No song and b-llshiit, it just works.

It should be said that Droid II global is considered by many to be the worst Droid ever made, so it is not really a fair representation of the Droid platform.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards