Virginia-Richmond

Outdoor wedding in October??????

Is having a wedding in October a bad idea in Richmond? I really want an outdoor wedding, but will do indoor if I have to. What would you do here?

Re: Outdoor wedding in October??????

• tammyfatammyfa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't think it's bad at all. I know of 3 outdoor weddings that are happening next month. My ceremony is outdoors and we're not until November. October is growing quickly as a popular month here since it's not too hot and not too cool.
    If you're doing an evening wedding, you may have to rent heat lamps in case it get a little chilly. But overall I think you'll be fine to do outside.

• edited December 2011
    My daughter got married October 2009 at Celebrations at the Reservoir.  The service ws out on the lake on the dock and the reception was in the pool house with dancing outside under a tent.  We had heaters for the evening reception but the day was gorgeous.  It beats 105 in July.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree!  October is a fabu month for outdoors in RVA areas.  October is my favorite month, so I'm biased.  :)  I chose a spring wedding this time around though.  :)
  • ChristieNRNChristieNRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was Oct 1 and it was outside on the golf course. The weather was perfect! The sun was shining. Not cold, but not baking in the sun. It was a wonderful day. I would say go for it. Always have a back up plan...we did. Just so thankful we were able to have our dream weddinig outside. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding in Richmond at the Boathouse, which was outdoors.  It was a little windy, but still very beautiful :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • xBrynnxxBrynnx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was on 10-10-10.  We got married at Berkeley Plantation in Charles City and the weather was fabulous!  It rained and was chilly the weekend before our wedding, but on our date it was actually around 80.  I still had a back-up plan in the event of rain though (side panels for the tent).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards