California-San Diego

Coronado Community Center

Has anyone been married at the Coronado Community Center?  We are attempted to plan a small wedding (about 50 people) for next fall on Coronado Island and I was wondering what the costs were (including everything) for a wedding there.  I do not particularly want to deal with a million different vendors since I am on the east coast, but I have read a few reviews that the center was a steal compared to other venues.  Can anyone tell me if they had a wedding there (or are planning one) and what their budget was?  We are looking to keep it under $10K.  Thanks fellow brides and brides to be!

Re: Coronado Community Center

• edited December 2011
    I can't comment on price because I did not get married there, but a good friend of mine did.  I know she felt like she got a great deal, especially for the location!  The nice part about being able to pick your vendors is you can have the most options in terms of price. 

Sorry I couldn't help more, but I can say that it was an absolutely beautiful location and is definitely worth checking out!  Oh...and I know it books up really far in advance so that might be something to consider too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into it, but their availability didn't work with mine :/ But, I definitely recommend looking further into it. The main cost is the food, you can choose your caterer based on a list they provide online. A surprise expense was security since we were going to have alcohol. If you email them, they are very quick to respond and not pushy at all. 
  • geguillengeguillen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning my wedding there and I definitely feel like we're getting our money's worth. It is a bit complicated because you have to find different vendors for everything but for us it is definitely worth it. We're planning a wedding for about 150 people and plan to be under $20K for everything. 

If you have any more questions feel free to message me :)
  • sheakpsheakp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also planning my wedding reception there, and I am absolutely thrilled!  You will have to deal with coordinating your own vendors, but that's what makes it so affordable.  Their website provides a ton of current information like cost/hour and all that, but you can message me if you want more info from my experience so far! (My fiance and I are having about 175-200 people at about $15K.) oxo
  • edited December 2011
    I would reccommend talking to them now.  I was looking at the community center and they only had limited availability in October and nothing in Sept when I looked.  They are very quick to get back by email or phone if you reach them.
  • affairsbyamyaffairsbyamy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can see their availability calendar online, but hurry! Dates do book fast, as their facility charge is not expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards