May 2012 Weddings

What is everyone doing with their dress?

I think I want to preserve mine, not that I think anyone will ever wear it, but I'd like to keep it. I have no idea what this might cost, so I'm going to start checking out prices at different places.

I don't want to sell/give it away, not a this time anyway.

I also don't think that I want to alter it so that I can wear it some other time, since I don't see myself needing/wanting to wear such a fancy white dress in the near future.

I'm curious though, what is everyone else doing?
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: What is everyone doing with their dress?

• I'm am perserving mine as well. About to check out prices too! I wish I could wear it again...
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • I was just looking online and checked out David's Bridal, they do it for $189, even if your gown is not from there, which isn't bad! I'm going to ask around at some of the local dry cleaners but if they're more expensive, then I'll be sending it to DB!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Thanks for asking this :)  I haven't really decided yet... I don't want to sell it or donate it or anything, but I also have no need to keep it.  I doubt anyone will ever wear it, and like PP, I can't see myself needing a fancy dress, even if it's changed up.

H wants to invest in those big vacuum sealed bags :)
    Anniversary
  • I'm not sure. I am thinking about giving it to my mom to reclaim the fabric into baby blankets.
    Anniversary
  • I'm keeping mine. It's at the dry cleaners right now and then I will look into different prices for preserving it. I never considered getting rid of my dress or altering it in anyway. I am keeping it for sentimental value. My mom still has hers and I remember peeking at it in the back of her closet when I was little.
    Photobucket
  • Keeping it for sure. I'm a little sentimental, so I got the preservation kit at DB when I bought the dress. It's so pretty I can't part with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards