Connecticut
Options

Newspaper Engagement Announcement?

My goal is to place our engagement announcement in the paper this week but I'm not sure how to make the wording fit what we need. My parents are divorced and both remarried. My step parents have been in my life for 15+ years and I don't want them to feel slighted for not having their names in the announcement.  Does anyone know the proper way to word the announcement to include my step parents or is it something that shouldn't be done?  So confused!

Re: Newspaper Engagement Announcement?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is hard to explain without names but say your dad's name is James Smith and his wife (your step-mom)'s name is Sarah and your mom's name is Jane Doe and her husband (your stepdad)'s name is Michael Doe, so maybe it would go something like this:

"Mlprck27 Smith, daughter of Mr. James Smith with his wife, Sarah, and Mrs. Jane Doe and her husband, Michael"  something that acknowledges your parents primarily, but acknowledges your step-parents as well....

Good luck!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Depending on how it's worded you're the daughter of:
    Mr. and Mrs. James Smith (mom and step-dad) of X Town and Mr. and Mrs. John Doe (Dad and step-mom)  of Y City.

• Options
    mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! My Mom agreed that the "and her husband" would be fine to use.  Thank you Thank you Thank you lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards