Massachusetts-Boston

Feeding the DJ

Hello,

Do you usually feed the DJ at your wedding? How does it work, should we order food for him? Thanks!

Re: Feeding the DJ

• cdbishopcdbishop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It kind of depends on your DJ.  In my contract it says that my DJ requires a vendor meal.  Another thing you should do once you decide that you are feeding your vendors (photographer, DJ, videographer etc.) talk to your caterer/reception venue.  Most places charge you less for a vendor meal then what your per person cost is.  In addition, some places will have you just say X vendor meals and they will give them whatever they have extra of.  Other venues will have you choose what each vendor will get from your options.  That way you can ask your vendors what they would like.  This is all for a plated dinner, not sure about a buffet, probably just a cheaper price than regular guest.  HTH
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask him.  If he's going to be there 5 hours or more, then I definitely think you should feed him.  As PP poster said, you should be able to get him a vendor meal for a reduced price.  You should definitely offer to feed any vendor who will be working more than 5 hrs straight for your wedding.
  • looplaloopla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to jump on here, but my DJ's contract says to provide a meal. I think you should do that anyway, but .. .. . how does it work? I wonder if the venue can just ask him what he wants at the time or if I have to ask?
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to all of my vendors and found out what kind of meals they wanted beforehand so the kitchen could include them in the final mealcount. We offered the vendors the same meals the guests had.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!!
  • eveyishappyeveyishappy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even if your DJs contract doesn't say too, I'd feed him well.  He could make or break your party.  Same with the photographer.  Feed him what you'd feed the guests.  My cousin is a DJ, and he did a wedding a Bel Mer- which is a super expensive venue, and they gave him the vendor meal- slimy, poorly cooked chicken.  So I'd make sure that the vendor meal is actually a good one.  
  • edited December 2011
    I am just planning to give all of my vendors who will be there for the duration of the reception meals, whether or not their contract asks for it. (this would me my DJ and my photographer and his assistant.)

When I give me headcounts to my venue, I will just ask for the amount of vendor meals I need.

Mr. and Mrs. Sharkdiver!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards