Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge...

It's time for judging.

I judge the couple who has invited me and about 70 other people to a local bridal shower.  They are having a wedding in Kansas somewhere.  I got the invitation by facebook.

I also judge that I got invited to a non-wedding party for a couple because I know the groom.  He thought I'd changed my name so he put my maiden (and current) last name on the paper in quotes.  When I asked he said sheepishly that he doesn't know my new name.  I then had to say that it's the same.  If I'm invited to your wedding party shouldn't you know me well enough to know my name?

my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: I judge...

• Hm...what can I be judgmental about today?

I judge people that overshare information via FB status.

Oh, and I'm full of judgment for a girl on SB...I made the mistake of clicking her blog, and I heard (read) all about post-partum sex. Blech.
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Umm... I'm still going to judge the bride and groom who made us stand in the rain for 30 minutes a few weeks ago for their pretty sparkler send off. That's not the best way to be considerate of your guests if you ask me. Neither are a dollar dance and $8 drinks when you're wearing a several thousand dollar dress and leave the reception in a Rolls Royce.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    The woman at Walmart yesterday who held up the line forever because she was an idiot and paid on with her credit card and then said "Oh yeah, I have coupons and a $5 gift card".  Then when the cashier told her she would need to go to customer service, the woman said she didn't feel like she should have to wait in line in customer service and be inconvenienced.  So, I said, "So we should all be inconvenienced?"  She went to customer service. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • I judge. . .

a couple and their registery since I was openly told by said couple they registered for riduclous things just so they can return them and get the money. Along with registering for Baby items when they ARENT expecting or TTC just to see if people would laugh about it.

The lady I babysit for that constantly lets her girls skip school because they're 'Too stressed' and need 'Mental Days'. Too stressed? Give me a break. . they don't do anything!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:32616367-634f-425d-84e0-674706455944">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hm...what can I be judgmental about today?<strong> I judge people that overshare information via FB status</strong>. Oh, and I'm full of judgment for a girl on SB...I made the mistake of clicking her blog, and I heard (read) all about post-partum sex. Blech.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Taking this on a WR spin...I HATE seeing people's wedding "reminders" on FB updates. One of my friends just reminded everyone by FB status to book their hotel rooms for her wedding. Way to remind 90% of the people getting that message that they're not invited.
  • atayk21atayk21 member
    First Comment
    I judge my cowroker who said "Well if Tiger's wife was putting out, then he wouldn't have had to go elsewhere"

STFU. Asshole.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:627fb2e6-50dc-4814-bc35-a19f1007f31c">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Umm... I'm still going to judge the bride and groom who made us stand in the rain for 30 minutes a few weeks ago for their pretty sparkler send off. That's not the best way to be considerate of your guests if you ask me. Neither are a dollar dance and $8 drinks when you're wearing a several thousand dollar dress and leave the reception in a Rolls Royce.
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]
    I will judge with you, TLV.  I have a lot of judgment today.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I judge David Boreanaz for cheating on his wife even though I love him so.  Angel wouldn't do that.  He wouldn't.
    my read shelf:
  • girls that wear leggings as pants, and said leggings are a couple sizes too small.
    i judge that HARD.

people who live at home after the age of 21. you are legally an adult, start taking care of yourself.  (only exception that is ok for this is people in school.. cause supporting yourself and going to school fulltime is difficult)

people who drive high end cars and rent basement suites.  this is an epidemic here.
  • I judge people at the grocery store for what they have in their carts (i.e. junk food, everything processed, etc).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:32616367-634f-425d-84e0-674706455944">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hm...what can I be judgmental about today? I judge people that overshare information via FB status. Oh, and I'm full of judgment for a girl on SB...I made the mistake of clicking her blog, and I heard (read) all about post-partum sex. Blech.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

EW..... I read that too. TMI people, no one really needs to read that crap.
  • The co-worker who called my engagement ring "quaint". It's a 1 carat diamond, and it's "quaint"? FFS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:7cab3dee-2ce1-4ff5-9db6-81be1afbccec">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]people who drive high end cars and rent basement suites.  this is an epidemic here.
    Posted by lannerjarv[/QUOTE]
    What's basement suites?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I judge the girl at the restaurant I ate at yesterday for lunch for taking a ton of napkins and then 5 minutes later, coming back for a ton more.  I mean, how messy are you that you need that many napkins.  I'm sure that 95% ended up in the trash.

And I judge the lady who was in the kitchenette the other day with the water running for 5 minutes.  (She wasn't anywhere near the sink most of the time.) I hate when people waste water.

Finally, I judge co-workers who are griping about the oil spill in the gulf while driving their huge SUV 40+ miles to work and back each day.  You are part of the reason that we are drilling in the gulf.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I judge parents who make it known that they help 2 of their children financially to their other child, who receives no help, no gifts, and no consideration. :|
  • FMIL and I are getting along a lot better now, but I judge her for wanting to bring a blind date to our wedding just to try and make my FFIL jealous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:68a4eda2-ca6e-47c8-8307-1ebb3ad9a592">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge David Boreanaz for cheating on his wife even though I love him so.  Angel wouldn't do that.  He wouldn't.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

I really hate it when I like someone, and they disappoint me like that. I guess I expect better of some people. But then again he is a character, and I don't know him IRL. But still I agree Angel wouldn't do that or even Booth for that matter.
  • I judge that bitch mother nature, for the 5 days of snow we have had. You're killing my tulips. Knock off the crap.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:115408f6-4630-4419-9da7-9d96086136d8">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people at the grocery store for what they have in their carts (i.e. junk food, everything processed, etc).
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Me too. Especially if they're with their kids and all I see are frozen pizzas and soda. No fresh veggies? What about frozen veggies? Or fruit? Whole wheat bread? Nothing Healthy?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:57c6c2bc-3f2c-497c-a31c-a10848632e9b">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I really hate it when I like someone, and they disappoint me like that. I guess I expect better of some people. But then again he is a character, and I don't know him IRL. But still I agree Angel wouldn't do that or even Booth for that matter.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    Eye to eye, kd. 
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:57c6c2bc-3f2c-497c-a31c-a10848632e9b">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I really hate it when I like someone, and they disappoint me like that. I guess I expect better of some people. But then again he is a character, and I don't know him IRL. But still I agree Angel wouldn't do that o<strong>r even Booth for that matter.</strong>
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. That's my secret...I had a naughty dream about him one time (as Booth). Hottest dream ever.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:7cab3dee-2ce1-4ff5-9db6-81be1afbccec">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]people who live at home after the age of 21. you are legally an adult, start taking care of yourself.  (only exception that is ok for this is people in school.. cause supporting yourself and going to school fulltime is difficult)

As a person that has numerous friends that are over 21 and living at home, I feel like that judgment is a wee bit harsh.

It's one thing if they have jobs and blow their money since they don't have to pay rent---judge away for that.

But I have a number of friends that can't find jobs and are fresh out of college and they live at home, or they just started their job and are saving up to be able to afford moving out.

For me, it's a case-by-case thing.
  • I judge people that type "Congrads" instead of "Congrats". Their inability to distinguish between a shortened version of Congratulations and a graduation gift marketing ploy makes me delete them from my FB.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Jess, I judge that your sig pic is not of your face.  You give good face.  Do it. 
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:38aa8e00-f67d-4da5-af40-cc8ccc92f81c">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]FMIL and I are getting along a lot better now, but I judge her for wanting to bring a blind date to our wedding just to try and make my FFIL jealous.
    Posted by FutureMrsDudley55[/QUOTE]

What. The. FUUCK?! Are you serious? Because she doesn't have anything better to do on her son's wedding day than get to know a complete stranger? I'm floored. Tell her to at least pay a manwhore to pretend to know her. A blind date will make her look more pathetic than being completely alone that day.
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Oh Angel... *sigh*
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I judge the wedding invitation I just received with out FIs name included. I won't know any other person there.
    I also judge my co-worker who decides it's ok to just throw a full cup of water on the kitchen floor and walk away. I also judge my male co-workers for peeing all over the seat. You would hope doctors would be a little cleaner.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:5df2faec-ed8d-4a8a-a16f-0632be6fc479">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Exactly. That's my secret...I had a naughty dream about him one time (as Booth). Hottest dream ever.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

He is quite sexy. I'm not sure which character I like better though.

LVB- You weddings coming up quick also. How's it coming?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:7cab3dee-2ce1-4ff5-9db6-81be1afbccec">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]girls that wear leggings as pants, and said leggings are a couple sizes too small. i judge that HARD. <strong>people who live at home after the age of 21. you are legally an adult, start taking care of yourself.  (only exception that is ok for this is people in school.. cause supporting yourself and going to school fulltime is difficult)</strong> people who drive high end cars and rent basement suites.  this is an epidemic here.

Pardon me, I live at home currently after living on my own for 7 years. We have debt, and it is pretty much the only way we can pay off the debt we have in any reasonable time. Just because I live at home doesnt make me any less of a person than you.
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:32616367-634f-425d-84e0-674706455944">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I'm full of judgment for a girl on SB...I made the mistake of clicking her blog, and I heard (read) all about post-partum sex. Blech.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah that made me want to claw my eyes out. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards