Ohio-Toledo

Toledo Botanical Gardens

Any advice on getting married there? Things to bring/questions to ask? Thinking of having our ceremony there in September.

Re: Toledo Botanical Gardens

• edited December 2011
    This is a beautiful place for weddings! It didn't work for us, though, because you need to bring in alllll your outside vendors and for our big guestlist, it would have gotten really pricey (tables, chairs, linens, dishes, etc). Plus I didn't want to worry about weather because I don't think there is an indoor place.

EDITED for typo :)
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Botanical Gardens are beautiful!  :)   If I was considering it, I would want to know....

Is there an indoor space where I can get ready?  If so, is it air-conditioned?

Do I have to use certain vendors for the rental items (chairs, etc.)?

Do you have any restrictions on what I can/can't use?  (aisle runners, arches, flower petals, candles, shepard's hooks, etc.)

Where are my guests allowed to park?   Is the route from parking lot to ceremony location handicap accessible?

Is there electricity available at the ceremony site?

Is there a back-up location available (indoors) if the weather is bad?

Are we allowed time for a rehearsal?   How many hours are we allowed on the wedding day?  (i.e. When can chairs, etc. be set up, when do they have to be gone, etc.)

That's all I can think of for now. :) 

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    There is actually a lot of information online for the Toledo Botanical Gardens and their preferred vendor "Meredith's".  This vendor has everything and the location is beautiful but the fees are astronomical...but it is truly unique and they have a lot to offer...indoor reception area for up to 130, carriage house rental for bridal prep, several different ceremony and reception locations.  There are some drawbacks for sure but a definite 'to see' for toledo outdoor events.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards