Texas-Houston

DESPERATE – For Someone to Take our Reservation at Hotel Galvez March 20, 2010

Wedding – Anniversary – Other Party.  We've called off the wedding and are desperate for someone to take our date at Hotel Galvez in Galveston, Texas to recoup some or all of our money. Hotel Galvez is a gorgeous turn of the century venue located on the Seawall. We are booked for a garden wedding with a reception in the Garden Veranda overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. We are booked for Saturday, March 20 at 6 p.m. with reception hours from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Booking includes free wedding night suite. Hoping to pass the reservation on to another (happier) couple. The Hotel has agreed to offer the balance of my contract to the new couple.  Food and beverage minimum to you is $5,200 – includes venue, suite, chairs for the garden, basic linens, and basic centerpieces.  This reservation would normally be $13,000.  Please DO NOT call the hotel - email Melinda at MelindaS27@gmail.com or call 281 381 8456.

Re: DESPERATE – For Someone to Take our Reservation at Hotel Galvez March 20, 2010

• ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a happier couple--are you done with the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    this is... odd.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    What's "odd" about it?  This happens more than you think.  3 years ago we were engaged and we called off the wedding 3 months before the big day.  We took a step back, spent some time apart and then reconnected.  We had to forfeit all the deposits and everything we had booked.  If someone else was ready to get married and could have taken over the date I would have gladly turned it over to them rather than just see all that money go down the drain....

Kathpath - you are doing the right thing.  Rather than go through with it just because everything is done you are brave enough to realize that it might not work out between you and your fiancée.  Good luck to you!

• edited December 2011
    I understand that weddings are called off and people need to recoup some of the costs. that's totally understandable. what is odd to me is the random person email contact, and being told NOT to contact the hotel, yet the hotel is supposedly the one to be offereing this deal.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards