Georgia-Atlanta

Hello my ATL Knotties...

I am not getting  married in Atlanta, but it is my hometown and I am in the process of helping my uncle plan a reception for him and his wife over the Thanksgiving holiday...

Sooo, any venue recommendations you ladies have will be much obliged. He didn't give me a definitive budget, just said "nothing outrageous" but he would like catering, a DJ, drinks and photography.

This will be somewhat of a post-n-run as I just got to work, but I will try to check back in a bit.

Thanks! :-)

Re: Hello my ATL Knotties...

• My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    indoor or outdoor?
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna say indoor, since it will be November... and I also forgot to mention that I would prefer venues on the Southside, as that is where most of my family lives. The furthest North they will travel is Buckhead lol...
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved our DJ!!!  His name was John Jacob and he was with Complete Music.  It was like $500 for 4 hours and he did an outstanding job, dance floor was packed all night!

http://www.cmatlantadj.com
  • edited December 2011
    Here are some southside venues you could look into:

Poplar Grove Conference Center, Newnan
    Dunaway Gardens, Newnan
    Oak Grove Plantation and Gardens, Newnan
    Something Special, Newnan www.sspecial.net
    The Major Long House, Newnan
    Connongate Golf Clubs: Flat Creek, Peachtree city and Whitewater, Fayetteville
    Glendalough Manor, Tyrone/Peachtree City
    Dolce hotel, Peachtree City
    The Veranda B&B, Senoia
    Paradise Palace, Griffin
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Check out www.rebeccabunch.com for photography. She only charges $499 for up to 8 hours of photography and all of the photos go on a disk with a copyright release form included. I met her in person and she is terrific! She's doing my wedding next fall. What part of town are you trying to have the wedding at? Good luck planning!

Jamie :)
  • ward6367ward6367 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Another location on the southside is the Shamrock Building.  If you look up the clayton County Water Authority and click on," community use building."  You will the see the facility that is available to rent.  Go take a look at, there are not enough pictures on line for you to see the beauty of it.  It is surrounded by a lake and there is an upstairs and a downstairs.  There is a walk around deck with a covered area, a commercial kitchen, and tables  and chairs included.  The chairs may not be your cup of tea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards