Not Engaged Yet

Favorite online place to look at engagement rings?

What's yours? I really like knot.com of course. Do you have any other fun places to look??

Kellie

Re: Favorite online place to look at engagement rings?

• edited December 2011
    craigslist. i prefer mine with a lot of misrepresentations and a lot of bad luck.
    Anniversary
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-online-place-look-engagement-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:09f82b03-44a4-47f4-9b41-a1a8ff236c5aPost:2a9e0783-a87f-4196-8b2c-42de2ed82bc4">Re: Favorite online place to look at engagement rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]craigslist. i prefer mine with a lot of misrepresentations and a lot of bad luck.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

You should look at Ex-boyfriend Jewelery. It's hilarious.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like Blue Nile and James Allen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_favorite-online-place-look-engagement-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:09f82b03-44a4-47f4-9b41-a1a8ff236c5aPost:a0e4cbdc-1725-4638-89c7-5dfa98c812f1">Re: Favorite online place to look at engagement rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Blue Nile and James Allen.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]
    ditto.  Although FI ended up buying my ring from Whiteflash, which was awesome.  <div>P.S. Pricescope has a forum called show me that ring that is fabulous.  </div>
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Goldie about Pricescope's show me the ring forum -- it's FILLED with gorgeous rings of all different styles.

In fact, I saved pics from that forum and made a collage in Photoshop that I printed out and gave to FI. He brought it with him when he went shopping. :)

Pricescope is also a great site for diamond education.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I look everywhere.  BUT to make it easier on BF I've only shown him stuff that I like at stores near where we live (Charm Diamond, People's, Mappins, Ben Moss, etc).  I showed him one from somewhere else and he was clueless.  He was like "How would I get that? I"ve never heard of that store...?" 

So when he asked me to send him my top pics I sent him links to stores I know he can get to. 

PS:After we got our taxes done last night I was told to e-mail him my most wanted list last night...*small squee*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • trishandbradtrishandbrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    exboyfriendjewelry.com is hilarious and sad....
  • edited December 2011
    ringenvy.com is kind of addicting
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Leon Mege rings are gorgeous (http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/index.php).  I used to also look at: since 1910 (http://www.since1910.com/) and adiamor (http://www.adiamor.com/).  Pretty much any site with great micro pave work!

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm cheap. Blue Nile seems to have reasonable prices. We've looked at different cuts and bands there so now he has the right idea. From here - up to him. I'm flexible.
  • 613linder83613linder83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First time I've ever posted but I couldn't resist!

Brilliant Earth is awesome! A lot like Blue Nile in layout. Their metals are recycled and the stones are conflict-free (I think blue nile has that, too). I also like their selection of sapphire rings. I really hope my ring will be from Brilliant Earth :)
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to second Pricescope's "Show Me the Ring" forum. I've gotten so many ideas just looking at other people's rings alone. Especially since I know that I want something non traditional.

Definitely need to check out ringenvy.com
  • cdipaolocdipaolo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.brilliantearth.com ; I gave my future FI three choices for my ring, this website, my grandmother's ring or any antique ring! I love almost ALL of the rings at Brilliant Earth and they are conflict free!
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ebay is great for getting ideas because you can look at rings up close and at different angles. I'm getting mine at ShaneCo. They have a good page and really reasonable prices.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards