Arizona-Phoenix

Boudoir Pictures

I am still on the fence on this one, but I know my FH would just love them.  I am what I would call average (size 12-14), but I am worried that not being model thin would make me look silly doing these.  Does anyone on know any photographers who I could speak to about possibly doing these that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Re: Boudoir Pictures

• edited December 2011
    http://www.noyanphotography.com/

She does amazing boudoir sessions!  You can see some of her shots on her site under the "love" section.  Her prices are very reasonable, and she's a sweetheart to work with.  It doesn't matter what size you are, a good photographer knows how to show your best features, and the things that make every woman beautiful! The pictures of that kind are way more about the mood of them than anything else anyway.

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I've thought about maybe doing these as well, but am a total newbie when it comes to this stuff. Do you bring your own clothes/lingerie and do your own makeup and hair? What all is involved in the photo shoot?
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_boudoir-pictures-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:a28cc260-60f6-43a1-a7f7-78ce0efac699Post:05599d14-987f-42e1-8ca6-0fb4981701fe">Re: Boudoir Pictures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've thought about maybe doing these as well, but am a total newbie when it comes to this stuff. Do you bring your own clothes/lingerie and do your own makeup and hair? What all is involved in the photo shoot?
    Posted by andreamarie77[/QUOTE]

It totally depends on the photographer/company.  The ones that provide outifts and hair/makeup are WAY more expensive usually.

I know that every few months, Noyan photography does a marathon session day for Boudior, and provides hair/makeup for that, so that might be an option if you want that. 

I don't think I would want to wear anyone elses lingerie...   LOL

As for what's involved.... that's pretty much up to you.  It totally depends on what you're comfortable with...  and what kind of pics you want (more risque, more tame, more abstract, etc).  No good photographer will force you out of your comfort zone, because for one, it's not professional, and for two, it will totally show up in the pics.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I did contact Noyan and we have been discussing options.  She seems very nice and very helpful!  I am really kinda wanting to do it now.  She doesn't have strict rules like other places I googled, so that is comforting.

I would definately pick out my own lingerie simply because I know what my man likes.  And then there is the hygenic issue of wearing something someone else has.  Just not my thing! 

Has anyone actually done these and can offer advice or ideas?
  • edited December 2011
    I did them, with Nia of Noyan Photography actually, and am plus sized myself.

If you're interested in my experience, please PM me, and I'll share.
  • erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine at Flash Photography in Scottsdale. I had a Groupon for it and ended up spending about $400 in the end. I got a leather bound book with ten 4x4 photos and two 8x10's.
    I wore two different outfits and was surprised how many different poses/ shots they were able to get with just two outfits.
    I was super happy with their work and felt so comfortable. I am pretty fit and found the "worst" part of the whole thing was staying put in the different poses! :)
    My husband LOVED the book and I was so glad I did them!
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Boudoir in Bloom, she is amazing but a little on the pricy side. She can make any woman look totally gorgeous though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards