Christian Weddings

It's been a while, but now I'm married! (Lots of PIP)

It was a long day but the best day ever. Mom and I got to church around 8:30 to set up some things and bring dresses, bouquets, etc. into the church. My hair dresser showed up at 9 and the BMs/MIL showed up starting around 9:30 until 11. We spent the morning getting our hair and makeup done and having a blast.

About an hour before the ceremony, I thought I needed to pee so I hauled my two MsOH into the bathroom with me while they successfully held up my dress and I couldn't pee. Go figure.

I wasn't nervous at all until it was my turn to finally walk down the aisle. The WP had walked down and the ushers were closing the door. My heart started racing and then the doors opened. My dad thought a different song was supposed to start playing so I had to whisper that it wasn't and we needed to move so all of these people standing up a staring at me didn't think we were crazy. I locked eyes with H and the entire nervousness went away.

From this point on, I have no idea what time it was the rest of the night. Not one clue.

H had to be reminded by the pastor to look at him during the intentions part and it was adorable because he didn't want to take his eyes off me. Funny part is that our pastor spoke so loudly, everyone heard. Everyone thought it was precious.

H also accidently blew out his family's unity candle. Pastor relit it while we were hugging parents/grandma, no one outside of the WP being the wiser.

Thing 1 that was semi-frustrating for the day was that my mom was the only one who knew how to bustle my dress and she didn't get it right the first time. When we got to the reception hall, my mom, aunt and cousin's wife took me into the bathroom and they figured it out perfectly. I admit that I was on the verge of tears at first but quickly got over it.

Pro-pic time!

Me and my grandma. I love her so much.

Me and my mom:

Kissing behind my veil. Photographer told us he knew it was a workout for us.

Me!

Us!

H with his two BM

Now it's reception time. My brother drove most of the WP over to the hall in the church van, which I can't wait for pictures of. This thing looks like an ice cream truck on the outside with it's coloring. It was fun. My parent's crazy friends (that we all still hang out with) made a tunnel for our entrance. It was awesome.

I don't have any pro pics of the reception yet.

Second frustrating thing happened. Caterers were supposed to feed everyone before we got there. They did not and claimed they didn't know even though they spoke with H that very morning. They also left before the cake cutting which they were supposed to do. Luckily my amazing cake baker stepped up and cut it for us.

First Dance:

Father/Daughter Dance where he could barely look at me but was sweet in saying that he could tell how happy I am and that's all that matters.

Cake cutting:

My gorgeous FREE cake.

H won. :-p

One of my most favorite memories from the reception was with my cousin's autistic son. He is around 6 I think and making leaps and bounds of progress. I don't have much interaction with him just because of busy schedules and stuff but we see them often enough. He walked up to me on the dance floor, grabbed my hand and looked at/touched my dress. Then he danced with me. It makes me tear up just writing about it. Contact with others is something that he struggles with so this is huge. I really hope that someone got a picture of that. It was precious.

And this is us just hanging out:

Then getting ready to leave:

So it was pretty much the best day ever. Nothing majorly bad happened and I have now been married to my best friend for almost two whole weeks. :)

If you still want to see more pro pics, here's the link:

www.gsdavisphotography.com/Site/Matt_%26_Jessica.html

Re: It's been a while, but now I'm married! (Lots of PIP)

• So gorgeous! The picture of your H shoving cake in your face seriously made me laugh. Welcome back, Mrs! It's great to see you around here :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I love all your photos, you look SO beautiful! Congratulations!
  • Gorgeous! Awesome cake! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • What a wonderful wedding! You looked gorgeous! Congrats, MRS!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Gorgeous! And I love your colours.
  • Great to hear!  Congrats!
  • We have a picture with our wedding Mickey and Minnie ears too! If i can figure out how to post it on here, I will. Beautiful wedding and congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You looked so pretty! Nice pics, I like the one behind the veil! Glad you had a great day! Welcome to the wife club! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_its-been-a-while-but-now-im-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e46ffa22-3c16-4cc3-8061-8ce923de4dc0Post:deb53c3e-4b32-4d82-a7e0-be15aeed4036">Re: It's been a while, but now I'm married! (Lots of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a picture with our wedding Mickey and Minnie ears too! If i can figure out how to post it on here, I will. Beautiful wedding and congrats!
    Posted by LeahVB2011[/QUOTE]

Thank you everyone!

Leah, if you click on the tree right next to the spell check button, you can upload a picture from your computer. We went to Disneyworld on our HM and wore them every day. Got some free stuff and tons of special treatment.
  • LOVE the cake quote !
    Love is All You Need
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_its-been-a-while-but-now-im-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e46ffa22-3c16-4cc3-8061-8ce923de4dc0Post:804bbcc4-a99f-4778-b7ff-f99673aee97a">Re: It's been a while, but now I'm married! (Lots of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE the cake quote !
    Posted by GunzNRoses213[/QUOTE]

It was kind of our "theme". We love the Beatles. We walked out of the ceremony to that song too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards