New Jersey

BM gifts- share what you gave

Curious to hear what others gave/are giving their BMs.  Would like to keep it to no more than $100 per girl.  I'm thinking of getting them personalized robes in purple (my color), which is about $35.  Trying to think of something else to give them along with the robes.  
Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com

Re: BM gifts- share what you gave

• I did Coach wristlets.  Since it's a beach reception, I'm also sending them cute Lacoste beach towels with a 'can't wait to see you' note before they head out for our destination.
    Anniversary
  • I only had my MOH so I splurged and gave her a Raymond Weil watch and her jewelry for the day of.  If I had had more bridesmaids I would've probably purchased these really pretty bangles from Tejani.  I would give your girls the robes in a basket with slippers, nail polish, toe separators and lotion.
  • I gave them jewlery and purses for the day of as well as personalized make up bags and mirrors. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My sister gave us a canvas beach tote with our initials embroidered on it (in our favorite color), and filled it with a pearl drop necklace, flip flops for dancing and then something more personalized for each of us- which for me ended up being a bloomingdales gift card because she knows I love to shop!  I will probably do something similar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine got coach IPhone holders in purple (our color) which they all use today and I wish I got one for myself!  They also got their jewelry for the day (which they can wear again hopefully) along with flip flops for the reception.  I gave them their gifts at the rehearsal dinner. 
  • I bought them their dress, earrings, a bracelet and a monogramed sleep shirt for getting ready in. My FMIL bought large bags and filled them with things like; really nice flip flops in our colors, picture frames, key chains, lip gloss, lotion, sunglasses, etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got them a ralph lauren gold wristlet and then I got them swarovski pendants when swarovski was having a sale which was a really good deal
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • I'm giving coach (purple) make up bags and coach glasses, flip flops, personalized robes and a gift card for a massage at their favorite spa(they all use the same spa) FYI.... if you sign up for Coach emils they do an online sale almost every month of the outlet stuff and you get SUPER cheap prices I have more coach purses and sunglasses than I can handle.. I just bought 2 coach duffle bags for 108.00 each that are normally 300.00 to use for the honeymoon
  • I had two.

MOH: tote bag from Etsy, apron, cookbook, Coach cosmetic bag (from the outlet), $50 Visa gift card

BM: L.A.M.B. tote bag and cosmetic bags (from Marshall's), bookplate stickers and a book, $50 Visa gift card

I also bought them black clutch purses and green shawls if they wanted to use them for the wedding, but I didn't count those as their gifts because they were for my wedding.

I think the robes are a nice idea, but I would get them in THEIR favorite colors, or a neutral like white. I would personally also skip the monogram unless they always wear monogrammed stuff. I don't know many people who own monogrammed items outside of the stuff they receive for being in a wedding.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I had 1 MOH, 3 BM, 1 Jr. BM.  I got each of them a monogrammed tote (from TK shop, I waited for a sale) and filled it with different things, like champagne pashminas, bottles of their favorite wine, jewelry (different for each, based on their individual tastes), pretty little trinket boxes.  For the Jr. BM I got a Disney snow globe.

Funny story - I bought a Coach wristlet to give my MOH as a little something extra.  In my haste to get everything organized before the rehearsal, I accidentally put the wristlet in the Jr. BM's tote!  I didn't realize my mistake until she opened it.  Obviously I didn't say anything, and she was THRILLED (she is 12).  So I privately told my MOH what had happened, we had a good laugh over it, and I bought her a Coach wristlet for Christmas.  :-)

ETA:  I think this was all under $100 each, with the exception of MOH/Jr.BM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We should all be on the payroll for coach Smile
  • Coach wristlet, Lacoste beach towel, and necklace/earrings for the wedding - came to about $100. For my MOH I also added a picture frame with a picture of us in it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I did Tote bags with their initials on them, Small coach purses, a Bridesmaid Tshirt with each of their names on it. and something personalized for each of them like a compact or something with their name on it.

My Jr. Bridesmaids got tote bags and Coach wristlets and Tshirst

My Flowergirls got tote bags, flower girl doll and a flower girl book.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing Cole Haan totes (thank you rue la la for amazing sale) with some extra goodies like foot lotion, makeup remover, pretty soap, fuzzy socks, and then a note from me.  MOH will probably get a little something extra.
    Anniversary
  • I bought them each a micheal kors jet set wallet. it was a little over 100 but well worth it. They re all going to love them. I'm getting my MOH a little extra something as well along with the wallet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards