Getting in Shape

Thursday Accountability

LOBSTERS WE MISS YOU!!

but happy wedding weekend..so looking forward to a teaser pic!

as for accountability

last night I was not able to run, I am still super busy taking care of FI and trying to get him set up and figuring out how to "carb count" the way he needs to do it to ensure health.

I am sure once we get the hang of it  it wont be difficult but for now we need to measure everything and FI is terrible at tracking food so I am doing that for him too.

Tonight I am hoping to get all the house/ FI stuff done early so I can get to the trails at a reasonable time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday Accountability

• Good morning ladies!

Yesterday i felt like a total bum - got a very short walk in at work, but then when I got home I had to work on DIY stuff for the wedding and didn't have time to go to the gym. 

Hoping to have enough time to go on a bike ride or something tonight, but I still have a lot I have to get done by tomorrow so that I can print it out at work before the weekend!

Just over a week to go, things are definitely getting crazy for me now.
  • We did chest, shoulders and abs this morning. Then I did day 1 of C25K. I was doing well at running 2 miles on my own, but didn't feel like I was making much progress so I'm going to actually stick with the program. There is a 5k mud run the day before our anniversary trip, which is conveniently in 9 weeks, so I'm going to sign up for it. I will have to do it alone though, which is a bit intimidating but hopefully I'll manage.
  • Morning! I only ran for 20 minutes this morning. I was feeling weird. I think I'm just exhausted from so much going on. Turning in our final count today!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Entropic, so close!  There are so many wedding coming up very soon :)

I wasn't able to exercise last night since my stomach was bothering me but FI and I walked along a rock jetty near our house.  There are two of them that go in different directions and one goes pretty far out so we walked both of them.  It actually ended up being a pretty good workout.  We caved last night and bought subs because I just didn't feel like cooking.  It wasn't too terrible and I didn't go overboard on the cookies at Wednesday Tea at work so I think I'm still doing "ok".

Tomorrow I have the procedure to remove the cyst so it will most likely be a few days at the least without exercise.
  • My fitbit arrived yesterday. Will be curious to see how many steps I take during the day and track the miles walked during the HM on our various hikes. Today will be a quick cardio workout. I am going out for happy hour with friends after work so not sure how healthy my eating will be. Will try to be good.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I didn't wake up for my morning run, so I have to do it RIGHT after work.  Really regretting hitting that snooze button now.  It's so nice to get it out of the way
  • Well, last night my work out went pretty great.  I did insanity for the second night in a row!  I did cave on ice cream!  I had a hot fudge sundae..my total weakness..  Hoping to be stronger today and dodge that ice cream!

Good luck tomorrow lbarr! I hope all goes well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_thursday-accountability-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bf8eae3e-ffff-402b-8f91-3371a202a3aaPost:715f2da3-e0e3-44e5-b6d3-f83e5135d90a">Re: Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fitbit arrived yesterday. Will be curious to see how many steps I take during the day and track the miles walked during the HM on our various hikes. Today will be a quick cardio workout. I am going out for happy hour with friends after work so not sure how healthy my eating will be. Will try to be good.
    Posted by dawnp917[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yay fitbit! It's seriously helped to keep me motivated to be active every day :)

</div>
  • Just back from a frustrating round of golf. I'm new to the sport, but it's still hard not to get frustrated by it all, especially when I had an awesome time at the driving range last week. All of my shots there were long and high - just the way that they're supposed to be. But today ... I didn't even finish all of the holes because I was getting too angry with myself.

But I keep trying ...

We don't rent carts, and I carried my bag the whole way (so that counts for something, right?Wink)

We are building walls today as well, so that's more moving, carrying and nailing things together.

I'd like to get in a bike ride or something too - something different. I would have to borrow dd's or FIs bike though - I don't have one yet. Had a serious biking accident about 20 years ago and gave up on it, but living here is different, and I'd really like to get back into it again. Been looking in the stores, but there isn't a great selection.

Ah well, vacation is winding down. Next week is the last week *sigh, then it's about creating a new routine all over again. I've tried to be a morning exerciser but I can't will myself to get out of bed. Maybe this is the year???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone!  I'm excited to see several of our familiar faces/names are getting so close to wedding day!

So I'll admit it was difficult to come back to this board today.  I was gone on vacation (Cabo) since Saturday, and definitely fell into a vacation mode.  More food than usual, no working out.  I did get some activity in just walking, hiking, etc.  But definitely not enough.  As a result I'm feeling pretty crummy.  I know that there was probably little physical change in just 5 days, but the change in my mood when I can't work out and eat healthier is pretty dramatic.

Anyhow, I'm now working to motivate myself to get back into the routine today.  I'm hoping for a 5 mile run and pilates.  I'm running Warrior Dash on Sunday, so I need to get a run or so in before that at least!

Good luck to everyone and despite the initially difficulty to get back into this thread and acknowledge my temporary slip, I'm glad to be back and hopefully in the routine again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_thursday-accountability-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bf8eae3e-ffff-402b-8f91-3371a202a3aaPost:529cb5ae-596c-4aa7-b3c6-6f6e541867c0">Re: Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning everyone.  Entropic, something about seeing my counter in the single digits today freaked me out - I can't believe we're only 9 days out.  Also, I want a fitbit and maybe buy myself one after the wedding. I think I might to a HIIT running workout at lunch today.  I just am feeling so lazy lately, and I think that shock to my system might reinvigorate me.  So we'll see how that goes. Other than that, my diet continues to be way off this week.  I need to get back on track - I can tell that I've had too much sodium lately.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm only just realizing that we're date twins!</div><div>
    </div><div>And yes, I've been getting mini-panic attacks when I think of how little time there is left and how much I still have to do!</div><div>
    </div><div>Can't wait though :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you still have a ton of stuff to get done? Or are you in "sit back and relax" mode?

</div>
  • i FINALLY worked out last night! it had been forever! i did 30 minutes on the elliptical and it felt fabulous! can't wait to go at it again tonight!
  • Decided yesterday that I would start C25K again from the beginning, but do it faster this time around. So I did day 1! I'll do day 2 tomorrow. It's funny remembering how long I thought the running segments in week 1 were the first time I did C25K, because this time they seemed so short!

Today my exercise will be walking the dog, and I think some strength training for my arms is in order.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_thursday-accountability-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bf8eae3e-ffff-402b-8f91-3371a202a3aaPost:42e49757-c941-4819-8e25-ec51fba2ff48">Re: Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Decided yesterday that I would start C25K again from the beginning, but do it faster this time around. So I did day 1! I'll do day 2 tomorrow. It's funny remembering how long I thought the running segments in week 1 were the first time I did C25K, because this time they seemed so short! Today my exercise will be walking the dog, and I think some strength training for my arms is in order.
    Posted by Sarah5200[/QUOTE]

I just started C25K! im in week 2 so  we will  be close with eachother in the program :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kwitherington thanks, it's good to be back!!  i'm already getting re-adjusted back to my routines, with some activity and just made a nice healthy dinner!  

so my first run back was BRUTAL!  turned into just 3 miles (though at a faster tempo than usual) because it was tough (and hot).  After not running for a week it was definitely a challenge.  I'm planning on doing another 2-3 miler tonight to get my total running for the day in, just broke it up into 2 parts i suppose.  but it's better than nothing!

• Hey ladies!

To those doing the C25K...good luck! It was the way I started running in March and I never thought I would make it...but I did and now I am running a 10K race on September 1! Just stick with it and it does get easier!!

I had an awesome surprise this morning...have been stuck at 177lbs. for months...but kept on working out/eating clean and healthy because I was confident it would eventually move again. I also hadn't weighed myself in weeks because I had no scale since moving. Well, my new scale came in the mail yesterday...and I weighed myself this morning and guess what it said??

171!!!!!

YAY!!! I am so excited...goodbye plateau! And I haven't even been counting my calories...just trying to eat clean and healthy and go based on what I ate when I was tracking them.

Then I hit the gym tonight...and got a good weights session in. Smile
  • I made it to Spin class this morning at 5:30!  I'm pooped now, but it was a great ride. So nice to have it out of the way, even though it makes my morning a little hectic- I have to get everything ready the night before- breakfast, lunch, clothes etc.  It's worth it though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_thursday-accountability-112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bf8eae3e-ffff-402b-8f91-3371a202a3aaPost:b8da7a7d-85ec-4c74-890b-6a3be250be0b">Re: Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Accountability : I just started C25K! im in week 2 so  we will  be close with eachother in the program :)
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Are you doing it for the first time? I'm looking to get close to the 30 minute mark for my 5K time. Right now I'm sitting around a 42-45 depending on the day. The first time around I couldn't even think about speed because I was just learning how to run, but now speed is my focus :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards