Honeymoon Discussions

Looking for an affordable honeymoon in a beach-area/historic town

My FI and I are trying to decide where to honeymoon after our September 22nd wedding.  We were wanting to go somewhere that was near the beach and near a historic town, maybe somewhere in GA or SC. Does anyone have any suggestions of towns, bargain websites, or maybe even hotels that offer honeymoon discounts? Thanks so much!

Re: Looking for an affordable honeymoon in a beach-area/historic town

• Definitely Charleston, SC and the surrounding area.  You could stay in Wild Dunes and only be 20 minutes from Charleston so you get the beach/resort but also can experience the history and great food of Charleston.

• Charleston was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

To save money when we went we stayed across the bridge in the Mount Pleasent area, so we weren't on the beach or anything. It definitely saved us, and it was about a 5 minute drive to downtown. You'd have to figure out how close to the beach you want to be.

I'd send for a vistors guide. We did and ours came with lots of coupons inside.

Also, we stumbled upon a bar/restaurant called Pearlz at their happy hour. Wine and champagne was something crazy like $3 a glass. Apps were cheap too.

I'd definitely go back. We were there for a long weekend. Good luck!
  • Charleston or Savannah.
  • sign up for Snique Away notices......the Beach and Racquet Club on Isle of Palms is frequently on there.....its 4/5 stars hotels and you have a countdown of days to purchase or if rooms are gone...think its 3 days.....also check Bookit.com.....try VRBO...Kayak...there are some great cottages on Tybee outside of Savannah....called Mermaid I think just google cottage at tybee...there are several for 100 to 125 a night....as someone else sugessted...stay on Mt Pleasant at one of the cheaper hotels and drive over to the beaches....about a 15 drive and you are that much closer to the city...have fun Charleston is my most favorite place in the world.......also check out Folly
  • For sure...Charleston, SC.
  • I agree, Charleston SC. It is lovely, historic, and all the restaurants are like 4 star variety.

Go to www.tripadvisor.com to get info on hotels & restaurants. Reviews by real people.

Get breakfast at Toast, wonderful food.

I was there for work for 3 days last January. It is nice during the offseason, and I understand very hot and humid in the summer.

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn, which is fabulous. If it is too pricey, shoot for simply one night there.........rooms and hotel are romantic, they have fireplaces and some have balconies. They serve a wonderful breakfast buffet in the lobby in the morning, have champagne and cookies in the afternoon, wine & cheese in the evening. They get wonderful reviews and they deserve them.

You can take carriage rides there too.
  • Savannah,GA or St. Augustine,FL. Lots of the Bed and Breakfast inns have honeymoon rates :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you like history Savannah is definitely an alternative to Charleston and the resort area of Hilton Head isn't far away.  Never been to Charleston but I'll take the other ladies' word for it!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards