Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

So, this is Christmas

2»

Re: So, this is Christmas

• Options
    edited December 2010
    1. you love christmas, yes? Eh, I've always been a grinch, but I'm trying to get into it.

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? 3hours

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? My family Christmas day, his the day after (another 3 hours)

4. it's not christmas until/without __Cookies,and my new Nativity!_____ .

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities? I am off Saturday/Sunday anyway.But I'm taking off the Monday after also.

ETA: Loopy love the new sig pic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes?
    Nah....I'm a Jew., although H's family does celebrate Christmas.  H and I exchange presents for our own holiday - "present day."

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities?
    About an hour and a half to see his mom, usually.

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else?
    His mom's house on Christmas eve, then going to Florida to see his dad's side of the family a few days after.

4. it's not christmas until/without _______ .
    N/A

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities?
    This year, just Christmas eve day, but then I took off the whole next week!  Since we have off for NYE also, I only had to use 4 days of leave to have 10 glorious days off from work!
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes? Yes and no. There are just too many places to be at once.

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? Our longest trip is about three hours; we're making that trip Christmas Day. Otherwise, everyone lives within an hour of us.  

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? We see every family member. EVERY family member. We have five different events to attend.
    4. it's not christmas until/without _______ . Mom's breakfast casserole.

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities? Well, I am not allowed to work the 23rd, and have no leave, but we get Christmas Eve off since Christmas Day is on Saturday.

*Before I color-coded, I checked to see if Stacks had also color-coded, because I know we're the two most spirited elves in the joint.
  • Options
    Thank you, C!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes

Not going anywhere this year

Neither, just the two of us this year. Last year we went to my family's and next year we'll go to his

Bailey's fudge!

Since Christmas is on Saturday this year, we have the Friday before and Monday after off. 
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes? Oh yes!

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? From Chicago to Detroit, Detroit to the U.P.

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? Both: his family this weekend, mine Christmas weekend

4. it's not christmas until/without _______ . Family and good food!

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities? Well, I have a month "off" from graduate school, but I'll still be working on my thesis and finishing up Ph.D. applications
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes? No.

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? this year?  about 30 seconds across the street.  normally it's 3 or 5 hours depending on who's family it's with.

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? our family.  which consists of H, my sister, her boyfriend and i.  that is my immediate family.  ♥

4. it's not christmas until/without _______ . dysfunction of some sort.

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities?  noon on decemeber 24th til january 3rd, but i am taking til the 6th due to my toronto trip.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes!

Well, normally, 2 miles to J's sister's house. This year, it's either to Phoenix, Dallas, or Richmond. We won't know probably until the end of this week/next week. So - 800-1200 miles? 

Both.  J works Christmas Eve, and his family does all presents when he gets off work. So we'll go over there and do that, then fly - where ever - to my family and be with them until Jan 2. 

We watch A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and Christmas Vacation. And have my mom's breakfast. With any luck, no tension. It should be a very happy Christmas.

We are closed from Dec. 18 - Jan 3. I am off December 23 and 24, then December 30 and 31. I am taking the 27th,  28th and 29th off as vacation/personal time/unpaid time. 
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes? The spending time with family, yes. The over-commericalization and excessive gift gifting / getting - no.  Christmas music, shopping and decorations - no.

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? No where. We do it at our house :) 

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? Both!

4. it's not christmas until/without _______ . alcohol and watching Christmas Vacation

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities? as much as I want - don't have to start until August 2011! :)
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes? Now that I don't work retail, yes.

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? this weekend 2 hours each way, Christmas Eve & Christmas, between 15-60 minutes.

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? this weekend is his family, next weekend, mine

4. it's not christmas until/without _______ . My crazy cousin says something, well, crazy. Or kids start screaming. Did I actually say I like Christmas in #1?

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities? zilch. If Christmas falls during the week, we get that day off. Otherwise full day Christmas Eve and day after if they are weekdays. Next year will be nice b/c Xmas Eve is Saturday, Christmas Sunday, then we'll have the Monday off.  There are 2 people ahead of me on the vacation schedule. One takes Christmas week, one takes the week after. So unless one of them leaves, I will never have it off. H is off all day Xmas Eve and NYEve. Harumph!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    1. you love christmas, yes? - Sure! Who doesn't?

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? - This year, I'm staying put. We might go out with friends on Christmas Eve, but I want to spend Christmas day with just us. Usually we visit my parents in upstate NY - 2 planes and about 2500 miles away. (We go to his parents for Thanksgiving.) This year we're visiting his parents in Janaury and that's it.

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? - Neither, see above. Staying home.

4. it's not christmas until/without _______ . Movies - Love Actually, Muppet Christmas Carol, Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown Christmas, and maybe the Grinch (original) or Emmett Otter.

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities?- This year I'm just getting Christmas Eve off (we get one day at work - plus the weekend, since I'm a 9-5er), but in the past I've taken up to 8 days off from work. That's what happens when I have a few places to visit over the holidays. I mean, it's not like I could stay with my mom or my in-laws for EIGHT WHOLE DAYS without going insane.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    1. you love christmas, yes?  Yes!  

2. how far do you have to travel for the festivities? 0 miles :). Both our families live out of state, but we're staying home this year.

3. your family or his family this year?  or something else? Neither :) We're spending the 2nd Christmas home with just the two of us (plus our pets). No crazy traveling, I love it.

4. it's not christmas until/without an orange in our stocking and a Christmas tree!

5. how much time do you get off work for the festivities? This year I'm starting a new job, and would have lost of a bunch of vacation, so I took off the 9th of December, and don't go back until Jan 4th. BEST DECISION EVER!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards