Connecticut
Options

Where to get ready...

Where are you ladies getting ready for your big day?  I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get a hotel suite somewhere close to my venue that has enough room for everyone to get ready - get makeup done, etc... instead of trying to crowd around a bathroom at my mother's or my house.  My venue doesn't have a space for the bridal party to get ready-
Any thoughts on that- or ideas about a hotel with large suites that could accomodate my wedding party on the big day with reasonable prices?  I would probably sleep there the night before the wedding with my girls... AND..if I do that- should I use the same room for my husband and I after the reception?
Are there any hotels in central CT area that have honeymoon suites specifically? 

Re: Where to get ready...

• Options
    julieandjojojulieandjojo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting a suite at the Marriot nearest our venue, for exactly the reasons you said, hair, makeup, and pics w/out everyone being squeezed in. It's just easier and less stress on my mom to have her place clean and sparkly. Then hubby & I will use that room after the reception. My mom, brother, and I also may get a room there the night before the wedding OR we will all sleep at my mom's house and I'm assuming FI will sleep at our apartment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is your venue?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Waters Edge which is also a resort and provides complimentary overnight accomodations for the bride and groom as part of their many inclusives with their packages. So, the girls and I got ready in our complimentary room and DH and the guys got ready in another room at the resort that the best man had reserved for the night. Having everything held at one location including getting ready helped us to cut back on extra costs since we didn't need any limos.
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up booking a hotel room near our reception. It's about 20 minutes away from the ceremony site but we'll all be getting ready there the morning of.  I'm keeping that room for our wedding night and FI has his own room for the night before.  If it works out with the RD, we'll all be in that area anyway the night before.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards