Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Goooood moinin'

12346»

Re: Goooood moinin'

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goooood-moinin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb51822b-cf94-4e16-b9b1-04367d858e41Post:6e653162-d878-4181-b668-a5bbaf84fb13">Re: Goooood moinin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goooood moinin' :  Thanks for the novel, Eagles.  Everyone here gives a shiiit about your light bill and A/C situation. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I hate when I do that, and I'm jealous that I'm not as witty as you about it. ;)
  • Options
    Clubber should go to work with you.  Just get him a diamond studded collar and he'll fit right in.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I shared this last night in the evening thread, but since most of you weren't here, but were here yesterday in the afternoon when I was talking about our rental options, I'll update you:

My mom told me to contact a family in the city where she lives (and I work) that owns a huge portion of the rental properties in the city, because they're known for being good landlords.

I emailed them, gave them our price range, and what we're looking for.

I got a phone call last night about a brand new house that literally went on the rental market yesterday that is in a neighborhood that I approve of and has the things we're looking for.

We're touring it tonight after H gets off work.

If this one works out, it's the MOST ideal. It's only 5-10 minutes from my job, (only because of red lights) and since my mom will be watching the baby, she can just watch him at my house instead of me having to pack him up in the morings and bring him over.

I'm so excited, but trying not to get my hopes up. I've only seen pictures of the house when it was still under construction, so I'm eager to see what it looks like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goooood-moinin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb51822b-cf94-4e16-b9b1-04367d858e41Post:60fb4b21-95d1-4395-8720-f634a1763cba">Re: Goooood moinin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clubber should go to work with you.  Just get him a diamond studded collar and he'll fit right in.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>This is an excellent idea.</div>
  • Options
    Wow, fingers crossed Jess!  I really hope that place works out for you.

• Options
    I feel like such a cheerleader today but Jess, that's great news! I hope this one works out! 
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    That's awesome Jess. I hope it works out!!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Good Luck Jess!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Jess, good luck! Baby is getting so big!
  • Options
    Good luck,  Jess!

Habs, I hope she's a troll too.  She's pretty heinous.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I definitely am not getting a troll vibe from her.  I think she's just that big of an asshole.

ETA:  Also, they blocked every curse word, but not asshole?  Good job TK.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!

I also just went back and re-read the dimensions for the bedrooms, and they're all big...I'm getting excited.
  • Options
    Muni, he got huge sticker shock when he saw how much venues cost.  He originally want it to be closer to Boston, but when he realized we were looking at double the cost, he stopped caring so much about the location.  He also really has his mind set on taking a very long honeymoon, which isnt going to be cheap.  I have told him about a million times that as someone who doesnt enjoy trips that last more than a week, I'd like to compromise and spend a week in the Caribbean and then a few days "staycation" settling back in before going back to work. But he wants this big honeymoon, so I think there's also a bit of motivation on his part to be as cheap on the wedding as possible to have a better honeymoon. 

I feel a lot better after my walk.  I appreciate you all listening and offering helpful advice without judgement.  I'm going to do a little research on counselors in our area and talk to FI about it.  I know it is going to take some coaxing, but it needs to happen.

Calixtine, the hot dogs are made on this family's farm.  They are pure beef, so there's no fillers or "pink slime" or anything.  They are really tasty, plus I feel good about supporting a local family-owned farm. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Would he be willing to wait a little while to take the honeymoon so that you guys can save a little more money for it? 

• Options
    button: It is definitely cheaper to do outside of Boston!!  if you need any help with looking for venues/vendors, let me know!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goooood-moinin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb51822b-cf94-4e16-b9b1-04367d858e41Post:6ead47ed-ea71-4759-a17a-3bc72acf5402">Re: Goooood moinin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goooood moinin' : Diamond studded and tie dye. GUYS.  Adamar's tie dye skillz are AH-mazing. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Why thank you love :)  Feel free to whore me out wherever you'd like.  Diamond studded, tie-dye clad Clubber would be fantastic.

• Options
    Adamar, I suggested that.  I would actually prefer it, since our wedding is a few weeks before Thanksgiving and I would end up without leave for Christmas.   Also, I am wicked jealous of your ah-mazing tie-dye skills. I tried to tie-dye something once and it was an epic fail.

The OP in that disabled father thread is an ass.  I hope her father doesnt contribue a penny to her wedding.

Jess, sending vibes your way for good house luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Button, my first couple attempts with Rit dyes on the stove were huge failures.  Those are my workout/painting/don't care what happens to them shirts now.

• Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    That girl, if she's real, is ridiculous.

My dad and I had a very difficult relationship, and most of it was on his end. I didn't ask him to walk me down the aisle, because I felt like he didn't deserve it. He and I talked about this at length, and after a while, he understood and realized that HE was the one that should have been taking strides to better our relationship, because I had always been the one to do so. I told him that HE was the parent, and I was the child, and I shouldn't have had to work so hard my entire life to get him to be interested in me.

That said, I never called him an asshole. Actually, once I told him how I felt, he started working to make things better and I felt like it was sincere.

Now that he's gone, I'm glad that I told him how I felt, and that I was always mature enough to NOT call him an asshole.

ETA: And I shared this because that girl's approach to her dad just makes me ragey.
  • Options
    Rach, don't feel bad. It's nice that your boss gave you the extra time for lunch. Everyone has rough weeks and I think yours has been especially so. 
  • Options
    Good luck Jess! *crosses fingers* It sounds so perfect for your family!

I am eating my free Graeter's ice cream with strawberries and cherries aplenty. It's making me feel better too (apparently today is the day for stupid fights).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goooood-moinin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb51822b-cf94-4e16-b9b1-04367d858e41Post:ad795ec7-51ff-441c-a3ae-d287a3e11b97">Re: Goooood moinin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach, don't feel bad. It's nice that your boss gave you the extra time for lunch. Everyone has rough weeks and I think yours has been especially so. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]

This. :) Enjoy your long lunch today, Rach.
  • Options
    Jess, I'm glad you and your father were able to work things out. Yea, calling someone an asshole rarely works in your favor. She definitely comes off as ungrateful. I wouldn't give her money for the wedding either. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goooood-moinin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb51822b-cf94-4e16-b9b1-04367d858e41Post:3ae7e76f-4606-40b8-aed9-5da9ecfd4f21">Re: Goooood moinin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck Jess! Hope it's perfect and works out for you. Y'all? I'm tired. And I feel bad because it's obvious my boss noticed I'm down today because he told me to take an hour lunch. Which is really nice and awesome and I'll take it, but I feel bad that it's so obvious, KWIM?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]
     Don't feel bad Rach, we all have bad days once in awhile and I think that you have enough on your plate that it is completely understandable that you are having one.  Sometimes, you can scrounge up the energy to fake the happy but sometimes you can't.  It was very nice of your boss to give you a little extra time at lunch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goooood-moinin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb51822b-cf94-4e16-b9b1-04367d858e41Post:e414e3da-56cb-4334-ae63-14215c087031">Re: Goooood moinin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I am late too.  I thought I posted, but I can't see it, so I am going to assume it's not there. Sorry Button.  I hope everything gets resolved.  We got rain and it was awesome and now I want more! FINALLY.  <strong>Also, the girl a few threads up from here with the disabled father, I hope she's a troll. </strong>
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too. What a vile attitude which deserves a punch in the face. I'd even volunteer to do it. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards