Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

2 possible menus!

in relation to my other post "could i see a menu please?" i think i have narrowed down my menu ideas to 2 (until i change my mind again since i have over a year to decide)
my first idea and possibly the more expensive is:
turkey and ham
mashed potatos
green beans/carrots
salad or veggie tray
rolls

my 2nd idea is (and probably cheaper):
pulled pork for sandwiches
baked beans
mac n cheese
cole slaw??
salad or veggie tray

do these sound like potential ideas for a wedding set for 9/29/12??
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: 2 possible menus!

• blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the turkey and ham menu!! I just really love turkey.

(and of course, have the veggie option)
  • edited December 2011
    I like the second one!  But I am also not a huge fan of ham or green beens/carrots.  The second one sounds more filling. 
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I like the second one.  I don't love ham or turkey though.  Agreed that you need to have a vegetarian menu option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Raquel928Raquel928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_2-possible-menus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:c321e4eb-c559-4580-9edd-63b46fc4c4e3Post:cda3ef60-1482-4694-8835-90e7d9bc6214">Re: 2 possible menus!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I like the second one.  I don't love ham or turkey though.  Agreed that you need to have a vegetarian menu option.
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

I agree.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the second one!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Second one, for sure. And ditto PP about offering a vegetarian option, or at least being able to provide it upon request. 
  • edited December 2011
    well i think i may go with the bbq option since i can get a better deal on catering( a good friend of the family owns a bbq place) and more ppl that will be attending like the sound of it. thanks for the input!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards