Georgia-Atlanta
Options

RSVP Trouble!

So our guest list is very tight and we still did not have enought space to invite everyone we wanted to. We invited people who are married, engaged, or been dating someone for quite some time with a guest. Then our single friends (All of them will have friends and people they know at the wedding) were invited without a date.

Well some of our friends either have no clue about ettiquette or choose not to observe it. We have had several people RSVP with a date when there was no "and guest" or addittional person on the envelope. I hate to tell them no, but I can't afford all these extra people and I sent an invitation to them because I really want them to celebrate this special day with us. I need some advice on how to approach this. Thanks for the help!
Buying A Home

Re: RSVP Trouble!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing 100% "and guest" because I don't want to deal with that!!

But ask on the "etiquette" board-- they've got lots of good advice!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had that happen with two people and we contacted the people and gently told them that our space/budget did not allow for guests and they totally understood.  Later on, however, we had a few late cancellations and we contacted the people again and let them bring their guests.  In both instances, they named a particular person and they were still dating that person at the time of the wedding.  Had they just written "and guest" and did not have anyone in particular in mind, I would not have let them bring their guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your friends probably don't know the proper ettiquette, so you may have to phone them and tell them that their "guest" isn't invited. You can always plead that the venue doesn't have enough space for any additional guests. Of course, if you are really lucky, your MOH (or bridesmaid) may do this for you when she phones those who didn't RSVP. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards