New Jersey

Wedding Venue Recomendations

I just got engaged and am starting to look at venues.  Anyone have any good recomendations for a North Jersey Wedding, I want to try and stay under $150 pp.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations

• ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Manor in West Orange!  Thats where I am getting married!  For a Friday night in April we are paying 92 a person.  You could probably even have it on a Sat night and still be under 150. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:db547921-4132-4b4e-a58d-9a4791117023">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://nnjknottievendors.weebly.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://nnjknottievendors.weebly.com/</a>
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]

Please don't take offense Peaches....but posting this is really useless in this case because with the exception of 1 or 2 reviews on the site there is no price information.  So the OP can read through all of that and not really narrow it down because she doesn't now what is in her price range or not.    Nothing like reading a great review and thinking a venue would be great only to find out it is way over your range

OP--The Tides Estate is in your range.  I got married there and it was wonderful.  Other places that should be in your range are the Graycliff, Manor, Empire Club, Brownstone just to name a few.
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Madison Hotel or The Grand Summit Hotel
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Primavera Regency!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:78fec0ca-128d-4b03-ad30-c6c526347fdc">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations : Please don't take offense Peaches....but posting this is really useless in this case because with the exception of 1 or 2 reviews on the site there is no price information. 
    Posted by goaliegirl[/QUOTE]

This!

Since pricing is the No. 1 thing most of these posts ask, I think the site should have a page dedicated to listing venues by price range (they don't all have to be venues we've used).
  • edited December 2011
    I get what you're both saying, but I disagree as I think posting the link is quite helpful in this case.  First of all, pricing can easily be obtained by contacting venues that a person is interested in and/or looking on TK's vendor pages and/or looking in the back of most NJ bridal magazines.  Once someone finds some venues of interest by using the vendor review site for recs or going to the venues' websites, they'll be able to narrow their choices down by figuring out specific areas they're looking in, the number of people the venues can hold, etc. and then they can ask for more specific information. 

The OP said ANY advice would be helpful.  Some people on here can give her specific info regarding price ranges and I'm providing the vendor review site so that she can get specific info about those places - especially since she's just starting her search.  Plus, prices are based on a lot of different variables and the OP didn't give any information regarding time of year, day of the week, etc.  And I doubt she's going to get a really comprehensive list just based on this one thread, so the vendor review site will provide her with more options to look into based on positive (or negative) recs that knotties have written.

Butter Knives - That's a wonderful idea in theory, but, again, there are so many variables to pricing and prices are constantly changing so it really wouldn't be all that helpful.  I originally intended for people to provide pricing information and what they got for that price along with their recs (see the vendor review site homepage), but most people don't.  And, again, that same information can be obtained by perusing TK's venue section or looking in the back of a NJ wedding magazine; however, it still won't be 100% (or even 50% in some cases) accurate based on any given person's specific wedding criteria and negotiations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Quite frankly, I do not want to waste my time calling a bunch of places and come to  find out they are clearly out of my price range.   Maybe the OP is not familiar with a lot of places.  When I was planning my wedding, I had no idea about prices, etc.  So, if I was looking at that site I would have no idea where to start without pricing info.   For all we know, none of the places on there are under her range and she would spend hours calling places for no reason.    

All of sudden people on here think that the vendor review site is the only place to go, when there are clearly a lot of vendors that are not included in that site, and with all due respect...one review on a place/vendor really doesn't do it for me.  I would like to hear multiple viewpoints on a place not just one on TK vendor review site!

Most brides will claim that their venue/vendors were the best ever.  I actually prefer to hear from people who were guests at venues becuase they more often than not will give an honest review of the place.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:2519a91a-46c7-47fe-8111-69c7089f20e4">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quite frankly, I do not want to waste my time calling a bunch of places and come to  find out they are clearly out of my price range.   Maybe the OP is not familiar with a lot of places.  When I was planning my wedding, I had no idea about prices, etc.  So, if I was looking at that site I would have no idea where to start without pricing info.   For all we know, none of the places on there are under her range and she would spend hours calling places for no reason.     All of sudden people on here think that the vendor review site is the only place to go, when there are clearly a lot of vendors that are not included in that site, and with all due respect...one review on a place/vendor really doesn't do it for me.  I would like to hear multiple viewpoints on a place not just one on TK vendor review site! Most brides will claim that their venue/vendors were the best ever.  I actually prefer to hear from people who were guests at venues becuase they more often than not will give an honest review of the place.  
    Once again, she asked for ANY information.  I didn't post that site and assume no one else would respond.  I was simply providing an additional source of information.  Nobody said it's the one and only way to go about getting help, advice, or recommendations.  It's simply a supplementary source of information that I figured I'd post for her.

Do you honestly think that she's going to get a truly comprehensive list of all venues under $150 just from this one thread?  And she didn't ask for information about them so I highly doubt very many people are going to be posting negative reviews about a venue here.  Once she finds some specific venues she likes and asks about them, that's when she'll find out more info from people who were guests at a venue (as opposed to just brides), etc. 

She is just starting her venue hunt.  This isn't the be all and end all for her.  Good lord.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:9edc310c-3b26-4235-9ee7-5ca25759bc7e">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE].  She is just starting her venue hunt.  This isn't the be all and end all for her.  Good lord.

LMAO....RELAX!!!!   You seem to think the site is the answer these days, considering the other day you were making a big deal about people asking for recs...and saying they should go to the website first!   I know you made the site and while it is helpful, without pricing info I would not go there first.  I want to make sure places are in my price range first and then I will look for some reviews.

I have a good friend getting married and I sent her there and she made the comment herself that it was useless without pricing info. especially for venues.
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend our venue the Hamilton Park Hotel- amazing wedding! It a beautiful modern venue, the food is out of this world good, and the people you will work with this are incredible! Our wedding was on a Saturday night in June and including tax/grat it was $156/pp. We added a few things so it may have ended up a bit higher in the end (a welcome reception prior to cocktail/cordials, etc) but right in ur range. They only do one wedding per day. A friday or Sunday would be reduced further and the minimum is between 125-150 ppldepending on the day and package you select.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:5e8e38b1-c41b-40d0-9ad5-b20fcdb18273">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations : LMAO....RELAX!!!!   You seem to think the site is the answer these days, considering the other day you were making a big deal about people asking for recs...and saying they should go to the website first!   I know you made the site and while it is helpful, without pricing info I would not go there first.  I want to make sure places are in my price range first and then I will look for some reviews. I have a good friend getting married and I sent her there and she made the comment herself that it was useless without pricing info. especially for venues.
    I'm actually quite relaxed.  Funny you should say that, though, because I was thinking the same thing about you for wasting your time getting on my case about a link I provided.

I don't think the site is the answer to everything these days at all.  The comment I made the other day was in response to a thread where people were getting on the OP's case for making a comment about people posting the same questions over and over again in which they don't ask for a price and simply ask for general vendor recommendations... those questions could easily be answered by a quick scan through the review site or by using TK's search function for previous threads with the exact same question.

I'm sorry your friend didn't find the site helpful, but I recall asking about vendor prices on this board when I first started looking and discovered that every person's experience was totally dfiferent (and often contrasted greatly from one another even about the same vendors) and I was only able to get accurate information once I called the vendor and/or spoke with them in person.

All I did was post a link in this thread - it's incredible how seemingly offensive you took that.

ETA - For someone who was so concerned about the OP getting useful information, you're sure doing a great job clogging up the thread with totally irrelevant discourse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph and Bretton Woods in Morris Plains.

• edited December 2011
    Olde Mill Inn for a Saturday is definately under $150.  If you choose a friday or sunday its even cheaper.  I love it there and their food always has rave reviews, which is important to your guests.  And it also is a hotel so guests dont have to worry about driving anywhere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:143fa803-dfc3-431a-968b-e91f6eb0142a">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]. All I did was post a link in this thread - it's incredible how seemingly offensive you took that. ETA - For someone who was so concerned about the OP getting useful information, you're sure doing a great job clogging up the thread with totally irrelevant discourse.

Didn't take anything offensive...LOL  I could care less what happens on a message board, and would never get offended.   I actually come here now to help my friend plan her wedding and quite honestly for pure comedy.  There has been some funny stuff lately! 

Secondly.....aren't you doing the same thing with your irrelevant discourse (LOL that is pretty funny--remember it is a PUBLIC message board, I can post whatever I want).  .  LOL   OK..back to regular scheduled programming!  Thanks for another good laugh this morning, love waking up and reading something ridiculous and getting a good smile!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Bridgewater Manor.  Its more central jersey but definitely within your price point.  Also, my best friend was married at the Seasons, and if you're willing for friday or sunday, it could also be in your range (and is in north jersey)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

You will find lots of places in your price range. Just make sure you take tax/gratuity and extras into consideration.

• gfaiello27gfaiello27 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
     I am getting married at South Gate Manor in Freehold. It's more Central Jersey, but the price for a Saturday night was around your price point. They are also flexible in order to stay within your budget.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with peaches, putting prices up for venues isnt helpful considering the variables. Because I knew someone who worked at the venue I got married at, we got a really good discount. That pricing information would just get someone confused since the price per person is usually much higher. I also think it's rediculous that people can't put in their own effort to email or call a venue go find out pricing. Eta: we were at Ramsey county club and priced with tax and gratuity was $150, they did an amazing job.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    What I meant was a ballpark range ... Even using vague terms like "budget," "moderate" or "high-end" can help. Some venues won't even talk pricing unless you visit them in person.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-venue-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0cb2c12f-e3b5-4738-a9d7-b0d4acdc84fcPost:dea7e73a-b4a9-4d3d-844a-493be8f269ff">Re: Wedding Venue Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I meant was a ballpark range ... Even using vague terms like "budget," "moderate" or "high-end" can help. Some venues won't even talk pricing unless you visit them in person.
    Posted by 37 Butter Knives[/QUOTE]

I think that would be a good idea butter knives. Under $100 budget, $100-$150 moderate, $150 and up high end, or something like that.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Wilshire Grand is West Orange. it is a 5 star location with a million renovations done in just the last year. It has the ultimate conveinence for yours guests since the Wilshire Hotel is right next door. They have truly rolled out the red carpet for us and I am paying way under your $150.00 pp budget. Ask for Bill Z. and say my name, Faith, and he will treat you like a queen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit Yellow.weddings.com Visit Gray.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards