Not Engaged Yet

Happy Hump Day?

Today might as well be my Monday - we were out Monday and Tuesday due to Sandy.  

This morning was off to a rough start.  I left home super early so I could get to work early, and basically got here at the same time I normally do.  Metro was running on a delay, and then a girl on my train ended up passing out right before my stop.  Scariest thing I've ever seen.  I've always been the girl who passes out, never the observer.  She looked perfectly fine, and then it was like watching a kid drop a doll - she dropped everything and was out for about a minute.  And we had to push the emergency button.  So, that train was going nowhere.  I hope she's okay.  I didn't leave until she was awake and emergency personnel were en route.

How is everyone else's Wednesday going so far?  Any good plans for tonight/the weekend?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Hump Day?

• I was happy going into work because Halloween is my favorite holiday and I made an awesome Iron Man-themed dress complete with pretty arc reactor brooch. When I got to work, I learned that one of my coworkers who I'm very close to got engaged to her boyfriend of less than a year last night. This is at the heels of all of my coworkers talking smack about Tyler for not proposing over vacation, so I feel like I'm about to puke. I had to take some l-theanine to stop from having a panic attack because I know the engagement questions are going to ramp up now.

They've been dating for less time than Tyler's had the ring. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong to earn his ire in such a fashion.

• Hi! I'm here maybe only for a little bit though. They're discussing evacuating us again right now. 

I still don't have power but I do have a gas stove and hot water, thank god. FI and I spent yesterday standing in knee-deep (it had been higher but we waited for it to go down) disgusting water cleaning out our basement. We drove around to see the damage in the rest of Jersey City (it's really bad). And then last night we watched Dexter Season 1 on my iPad (the only thing I have on there). Oh I also ate a lot. I mean, what else is there really to do hahaha.

Ok just got word we're evacuating. I'll check in when I can Cry

• Today is my Monday as well.  It seems pretty quiet here so far so I hope it stays that way.  It took me awhile to get into work today though. Lots of down trees and all of the traffic lights in weren't working.  I am so tired today I had a lot on my mind and couldn't fall asleep!
    Happy Halloween everyone!!! Is anyone doing anything for Halloween?  I went to a party on Saturday night BF & I were Buttercup and Wesley.  It was fun.

I just want it to be 4 so I can leave work.

Anniversary

• Oh no sorry you are being evacuated rdr! That really sucks.  I lost power from 7 until 11 on Monday.  I had TV & internet for awhile but now that is out for us as well.

Anniversary

• Happy Halloween! I could not get up this morning. I hit snooze for 30 minutes. There's a huge bowl of candy in the cafe at work and I've already had two mini bars....give me strength! Tonight I will be watching the second half of Thunderball (I forgot how sexist the early Bond movies are. I was pretty shocked with some of it last night) and this weekend I'll be studying a lot.

Peek I'm glad you got to work ok, despite the mishaps. Though having someone pass out on the train is pretty dramatic.

Ahstill - sending you hugs. I hope your coworkers will be too excited about the proposal to bother you. When Tyler proposes it will be all the more exciting for you and everyone else.

rdr - good luck evacuating. Keep safe.
  • I'm sorry your coworkers suck, stillwell.  I can somewhat relate, though not entirely because FI only had the ring for a week before proposing, but FI and I dated for 7 years before getting engaged.  I got to watch my sister start dating her husband, get engaged, get married and have a baby all while FI and were dating.  It all happened after we had been dating for about 4 years.  It sucked.  We had numerous friends start dating people and get married all while we had been dating for years longer than them.  And of course one of my closest friends would continuously bring up the point that he hadn't proposed yet.  Why won't he commit? Do you think he'll propose on this vacation? Why didn't he propose on that vacation? blah blah blah. 

I was really excited to tell her about the huge promotion I got at worked and she kind of ruined it by saying how disappointed she was that my exciting news wasn't that we were engaged.  I don't understand why people don't realize how rude and intrusive it is to be asking these questions. 

Have you and Tyler talked about a timeline?  In my BSC lurking days, I followed someone's advice to talk about a 5 year timeline and that really helped to get on the same page and reconfirm that we both wanted to get married at some point. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Still - that really sucks.  I'm sorry your coworkers are bitches.  On the other side, I kind of judge people who get engaged after less than a year together.  I don't understand what the rush is - even if you're older and want kids.

Rach - stay safe!

Danser - Boo to not having tv&internet.  Also, boo to being back at work :(
    I french with my man
  • I'm sorry you have to evacuate RDR.  I hope everything turns out alright. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:c57dead5-e580-4e3c-935a-cdcef469b6b2">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why won't he commit? Do you think he'll propose on this vacation? Why didn't he propose on that vacation? blah blah blah.  I was really excited to tell her about the huge promotion I got at worked and she kind of ruined it by saying how disappointed she was that my exciting news wasn't that we were engaged.  I don't understand why people don't realize how rude and intrusive it is to be asking these questions.  Have you and Tyler talked about a timeline?  In my BSC lurking days, I followed someone's advice to talk about a 5 year timeline and that really helped to get on the same page and reconfirm that we both wanted to get married at some point. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't expect him to propose over vacation because that would be too predictable. I told my coworkers that ahead of time, but apparently it goes in one ear and out the other. I really can't stand their questions. Our relationship is great, we love each other dearly, we already pretty much live as husband and wife but aren't engaged yet. I don't understand why they have to keep bothering me.

Earlier this year, we discussed timeline and he said it would be before the end of the year, and recently he's started indicating Thanksgiving because neither of us want to be hassled by his extended family during another holiday because it was exceedingly obnoxious for the last two major holidays.

I would just feel a lot better if everyone at work would just leave me the fuq alone.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:b87e67b1-8b62-478f-b4e3-71772c7129ef">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still - that really sucks.  I'm sorry your coworkers are bitches.  On the other side, I kind of judge people who get engaged after less than a year together.  I don't understand what the rush is - even if you're older and want kids.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

She's younger than me and has been engaged before.

• stillwell-I totally understand how you feel.  It sucks when people get engaged who have been together less time than you and Tyler.  It's hard not to let it bother you too.  I try so much to focus on all of the other great things I have going on, and sometimes it's hard.  Sometimes I do feel bad about it and sometimes I do whine (here mostly).  Feel free to always vent away around me. Hugs to you though.

Anniversary

• Still - can I punch her in the face?
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:5b4a3f8d-b80c-45f2-99ec-afd87a13e43c">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still - can I punch her in the face?

It sucks because I really like her and we've had some great times over a hookah pipe. I just can't be happy about it right now. I just can't.

• Hey guys! My power came back on after 24 hours :-) I didn't mind the outage at all - my iPad was fully charged with a good book loaded, but BF was miserable without the internet or Xbox, and was paniked that his boss would be mad at him for not being able to work. He seriously drove me crazy and we almost got into a fight because I was mad that he couldn't just relax. 

Not too much damage other than a huge branch falling on BF's car and denting the roof/breaking the antenna and side mirror. We're just happy that no windows or windshield was even cracked since he just got the windshield replaced. My family on LI hasn't had power since Monday night, and I'm sure my company's main office (in lower Manhattan) is still entirely without power and will be for a while.

I'm in a bad mood because today is the last day of the month and my boos (& her boss) are still asking my team what we think what sales we can expect to close today. My team's areas are NY and NJ (mine is NJ) -and I don't even want to call and bother people today! I won't let it bother me too much because I already made my goal for the month last week (go me!), but management still expects us to be doing whatever we can to close sales today. Grrr.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:5d3add54-b835-4d08-bdfd-32a39d4feb23">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in a bad mood because today is the last day of the month and my boos (& her boss) are still asking my team what we think what sales we can expect to close today. My team's areas are NY and NJ (mine is NJ) -and I don't even want to call and bother people today! I won't let it bother me too much because I already made my goal for the month last week (go me!), but management still expects us to be doing whatever we can to close sales today. Grrr.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to mark when you've attempted to call someone? So many people are without power that you're barely going to be able to get through. My family and friends are in NJ and they have no power, no landlines, no internet etc. Even if you have cell phones they're losing charge etc. I think you're not going to get through at all to most people and the few you do will be less affected. Your management is a little crazy considering the circumstances though.
  • RDR, stay safe!

Still, your costume sounds ridiculously amazing, and I am sorry that you are having a rough day at work on Halloween.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:11eb202a-dffe-4734-90f3-50b657aadfc4">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day? : It sucks because I really like her and we've had some great times over a hookah pipe. I just can't be happy about it right now. I just can't.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't blame you.   A girl I went to college with got engaged recently.  She was a year behind me.  I may have punched a pillow when I found out.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:02eb5614-19e8-4549-b8b5-c720c89a3229">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day? : I don't blame you.   A girl I went to college with got engaged recently.  She was a year behind me.  I may have punched a pillow when I found out.

Tonight, I drown my sorrows in booze.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:11eb202a-dffe-4734-90f3-50b657aadfc4">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day? : It sucks because I really like her and we've had some great times over a hookah pipe. I just can't be happy about it right now. I just can't.
    I totally understand this, I've been there before.  I have a friends' wedding I'm in next year and she engaged to someone else when BF & I began going out. 

Anniversary

• msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:abd7aa37-1dc9-4462-be88-94b010900868">Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today might as well be my Monday - we were out Monday and Tuesday due to Sandy.   This morning was off to a rough start.  Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

At least it's not just me. It's like it's Monday, but at least the weekend is only two days away. :) Fi and I almost ran away from the storm to Las Vegas. It was soo cheap since it was Sunday to Wednesday, but I said we needed to be financially responsible and save the money. It was upper 70s all weekend, and we'd be on a flight home right now. I'm still kicking myself.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:0d2e87bf-9e23-4ef7-a438-a4dd645a76e3">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Happy Hump Day? : At least it's not just me. It's like it's Monday, but at least the weekend is only two days away. :) Fi and I almost ran away from the storm to Las Vegas. It was soo cheap since it was Sunday to Wednesday, but I said we needed to be financially responsible and save the money. It was upper 70s all weekend, and we'd be on a flight home right now. I'm still kicking myself.
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

<div>BF's roommate spent the weekend in Puerto Rico for less than $500.  Including flight.  I should have taken that one.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-hump-day-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a9ba9a1-bd47-4ac6-9931-27260d9c26a1Post:0d2ef595-11e6-4f03-b066-54b3ffc9e530">Re: Happy Hump Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day? : No, I didn't expect him to propose over vacation because that would be too predictable. I told my coworkers that ahead of time, but apparently it goes in one ear and out the other. I really can't stand their questions. Our relationship is great, we love each other dearly, we already pretty much live as husband and wife but aren't engaged yet. I don't understand why they have to keep bothering me. Earlier this year, we discussed timeline and he said it would be before the end of the year, and recently he's started indicating Thanksgiving because neither of us want to be hassled by his extended family during another holiday because it was exceedingly obnoxious for the last two major holidays. I would just feel a lot better if everyone at work would just leave me the fuq alone. In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day? : She's younger than me and has been engaged before.

Clarity fail.  I wasn't asking if you thought he would propose on vacation, I was saying those are the sort of things my friend would constantly be asking me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    Still - that sucks. I"ll kick her in the shins for you, if you want :) Also, your costume sounds awesome!! I can't wait to see pictures! Also, please post pics of Freya - she's adorable as it is, I need to see her dressed as a hot dog!!

Rdr - boo for evacuations :( I hope the rest of your day goes okay!
  • ahstill-I'm going through the same thing.  My co-worker/good friend, she started dating her bf about two months after my bf and I met.  They moved in together first, so people started asking me "when are you and T going to move in together?" now they're talking about getting married (even though she is trying to file for bankruptcy because she doesn't want to keep paying the mortgage on her house long story) and now I hear everyone else "oh when is T going to propose?" I don't know, and I don't care.  We are happy together, we are doing things on our own terms we casually discuss marriage and whatnot and it's 99% going to happen so what's the rush??

rdr-Sucks about evacuating.  This hurricane was no joke.  Please stay safe! 

My hump day today has been alright.  I worked Monday and Tuesday (left early both days since technically our department was closed) and my big boss wrote a commidation letter to her big bosses about the 6 of us that did show up (in a department of 500 + people).  I kind of feel bad because the only reason I worked on Tuesday was because I knew I'd be bored to tears at home. 
    We weathered the storm alright at my house, even though I was at one point freaking out-it sounded like a jet engine was going full throttle next to my house the wind was so bad.  We didn't lose power or cable even though I was fully prepared for that happening.  I feel so bad for people who have it a lot worse.  So if anyone wants to come up to Connecticut and use a complete stranger's electricity, water, cable, internet etc please let me know I promise we're normal people!  LOL.
    This weekend nothing exciting planned, just laundry and cleaning the house.  Grocery shopping on Sunday.  Last Saturday T and I had a date night planned that kind of went bust due to him having some insecurity issues about how he thinks I don't like him playing Xbox or whatever.  I was dumbfounded because if he's not playing Xbox he's hogging up my
    TV time and I need to watch my trashy reality TV.

Anyway I'm blabbering.  I hope everyone on the east coast stays safe, I've been thinking about you guys and will keep you in my thoughts!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards